The most armed man in America

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

The most armed man in America

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Pariah3j

Re: The most armed man in America

Post by Pariah3j »

Actually I'm pretty sure that guy has been reported on before. If I remember correctly, he owns/runs a historic weapons of war museum. Didn't read the whole article, the whole scary and frightening part of the first part of the article turned me off. I am very envious of that man's collection though. :txflag: :fire
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

"Mel Bernstein – known as the Dragon Man – has earned the title the ‘most armed man in the US’ and has a frightening 3,000 weapons in his collection"

Really? :smilelol5:

Oh my...

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

parabelum wrote:" 3,000 weapons in his collection".
Or as we like to call it "a good start"! :biggrinjester:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

One man's "frightening" is another man's" REASSURING!

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

parabelum wrote:"Mel Bernstein – known as the Dragon Man – has earned the title the ‘most armed man in the US’ and has a frightening 3,000 weapons in his collection"

Really? :smilelol5:

Oh my...
Are his weapons inscribed with quotes from liberals? That would definitely make them frightening in my book.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

This part confused me
I have almost 200 of them in my name. I don’t think anyone in the US has that many guns in their name.
I have no idea what "in my name" refers to, or why the other 2,800+ guns he owns are not "in his name". But if he is referring to guns he personally owns (as opposed to guns owned by his business) then I think he is mistaken about anyone personally owning more than 200.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:This part confused me
I have almost 200 of them in my name. I don’t think anyone in the US has that many guns in their name.
I have no idea what "in my name" refers to, or why the other 2,800+ guns he owns are not "in his name". But if he is referring to guns he personally owns (as opposed to guns owned by his business) then I think he is mistaken about anyone personally owning more than 200.
I bet the rest are in a trust/llc for NFA purposes... if it's the guy I'm remembering with the war museum, most of it was full auto or otherwise regulated

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

he didn't seem so frightening when I met him....his motorcycle was a little weird, but...eh....loved his range.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

flechero wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:This part confused me
I bet the rest are in a trust/llc for NFA purposes... if it's the guy I'm remembering with the war museum, most of it was full auto or otherwise regulated
Probably many owned as inventory under his FFL. You can be an FFL sole proprietor and hence "have them in your name" however many dealers use an entity.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

I think LaRue has more than 200 guns with his name. :evil2:
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

ninjabread wrote:
I think LaRue has more than 200 guns with his name. :evil2:
There was a FFL in Grapevine that had close to 200 registered Thompson submachineguns. Don't know if he still does. Bought a MAC10 from him 15 years ago.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”