Why I like Ruger

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
mrvmax
Posts in topic: 1

Why I like Ruger

Post by mrvmax »

As posted in another thread I bought a Ruger #1 rifle from Cabelas online and picked it up at the local Cabelas in League City. After I got home I noticed the rear sight was broken off so after a while on the phone the guys at Cabelas told me that they would get Ruger to send out a new one. That was Thursday afternoon. Today I check the mail and the replacement sight is in the mail, Ruger mailed it out Friday. I have sent my 22/45 to Ruger for repair due to inaccuracy and they mailed me a brand new one after they test fired mine, I had my new gun in two weeks. Things like this make me like Ruger more and more.

Liberty

Re: Why I like Ruger

Post by Liberty »

Not only do they make good reliable guns . Have great support, the people there are just outright friendly and a pleasure to talk to.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

I have nothing but positive things to say about my Ruger 1911. It may not be a nighthawk or ed brown, but that thing has never missed a beat. I will probably never get rid of it.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

I've owned a Ruger Mini-14 for about 25 years - it has never failed to fire when I pulled the trigger and never had any kind of feeding problem. It is also very accurate, although it is from the era when the barrels were not accurate after a bit of rapid firing.

Although I decided to go the S&W route for 9mm handguns and AR15, I also bought a Ruger 10/22 Takedown Rife and a MKIII .22 pistol. Fine firearms all around.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I have a Stainless Ruger American 308, and a Ruger AR 556. Both have been everything I could have wanted and more, right out of the box. The American is more accurate than I could ever be, my AR 556, has never had a hiccup, and is much better than the operator.
I have never had a reason to test their customer service, but I have heard many stories like this about how responsive, and accommodating they are.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

striker55

Post by striker55 »

In the 1980's I was shooting IHMSA and used a Sturm Ruger Blackhawk. Experimenting with reloads I locked up the cylinder, mailed it to Ruger. After a period of time I called them and in my conversation I mentioned a state championship coming up. To my surprise they shipped it express mail with no charge. I made the match and took first place in my category.

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

I have a few from them. Not one issue from any of them

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I guess you could say I was raised a Ruger fan. My dad has always had Rugers. And out of every gun I have owned by them or currently do they have been great. Tough reliable Ruger just like their slogan.

dlh

Post by dlh »

My Ruger Mini-30 is one of my favorite firearms. I have never had a FTF or FTE with it and have fired hundreds of rounds through it. It is also fun to field-strip and clean. It just feels like a quality firearm when I rack the slide.

My next long gun will be a Ruger Mini-14. My only objection to these guns is that they generally cost more than AR15s.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I bought a Ruger GP100 Match Champion some time back. It is a fantastic revolver, but it had one small problem. The rear sight is adjustable for windage, but was off quite a bit. I loosened the set screw and tried to move it, but no go. Like a real dimbulb, I thought "I can use my AK sight pusher". Well, that didn't budge it either, and scratched the nice stainless surface rather badly. I was really mad at myself, and that the sight wouldn't move. I contacted Ruger online. They sent me an RMA, set up for my revolver to be picked up, and off it went; it was back in a few days. They not only got the rear sight to move and set it correctly, but also polished all the scratches out of it. You have to look VERY carefully in exactly the right light at a specific angle to see any blemish at all...and it was, as I said, nasty looking. Cost me NOTHING. Ruger makes solid products that work well, and they have EXCELLENT customer service, too.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”