Posts in topic: 2

Breaking news: GLOCK MHS

Post by aaangel »

'got to Texas ASAIC.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Breaking news: GLOCK MHS

Post by TreyHouston »

Impressive! I don't look forward to the cost!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Texsquatch

Post by Texsquatch »

Thumb safety? No thanks.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Texsquatch wrote:Thumb safety? No thanks.
Yea if the safety was not there maybe, but no to the safety. I will just stick to my 1911 and Glock 19MOS.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Thumb safety on a Glock? :ack:

Topic author
aaangel

Post by aaangel »

maybe they will also come out with a black one with no safety or an option to take it off just like the MP2.0.
'got to Texas ASAIC.

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 3

Post by treadlightly »

I know the arguments. I don't handle a gun any different if it has a safety, and I know what I'm about to say is like taking a swing at poor dearly departed Mr. Ed.

To me, a safety is a welcome feature if it's accessible. I have two P320's. One is a full size that stays in my bedside safe with a light on its rail. The other I used to carry but don't any more. I can carry it until Hillary's heart thaws without incident, but I would rather carry a more inert platform.

Cocked and locked 1911? Cool. Long trigger throw P250 or Kahr? Nice to have on a lonely drive. Revolver? Beats a flintlock, at least. Short throw light trigger on my subcompact P320 without an external safety? Er, may I have my 1911, please? ;-)

Carry on, whatever you want. For me, I want pistols with designed-in reluctance to fire. Either a long double-action throw or an external safety. Throw in a grip safety to boot, while you're at it.

Of course, none of the four big rules have anything to do with the state of a safety mechanism, its presence, or its absence. But I still like a reasonable safety device.

And g'wan, heckle me for my stubborn ways. I can take it. :biggrinjester:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I don't need or want the thumb safety, but I'd be interested in the groove-less front strap.......but not enough interested to actually buy one. I can have all three of my existing Glock 26, 19, and 17 pistols modified to remove the finger grooves much more cheaply than buying another Glock.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

treadlightly wrote:And g'wan, heckle me for my stubborn ways. I can take it. :biggrinjester:
OK......

You're ugly and your momma dresses you funny. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
treadlightly wrote:And g'wan, heckle me for my stubborn ways. I can take it. :biggrinjester:
OK......

Priceless! I've been lampooned by the best, today, of all wondrous days.

This afternoon I shall face the grim and fell Appraisal Review Board, they who risked fine and incarceration to ignore my Public Information Act requests last year, on this very day I found a place of honor in annoyed crosshairs.

That would seem to be more than I could hope for, but there is something yet that eclipses even this, more breathtaking than the day's already fortuitous bounty.

Today is my 32nd wedding anniversary, the day She whose strength and beauty surpasses all lifted me from my gray existence with all the color of life.

Thirty two years is more than half my lifetime. It's been splendid in every fleeting moment and at the same time like an afternoon Spring picnic, nothing like the 10000 years it would be if 32 were expressed in base two, or if spent with the wrong partner.

My respects, TAM. The day is now complete. :smilelol5:

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

:iagree:

The Annoyed Man

treadlightly wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
OK......

This afternoon I shall face the grim and fell Appraisal Review Board, they who risked fine and incarceration to ignore my Public Information Act requests last year, on this very day I found a place of honor in annoyed crosshairs.

That would seem to be more than I could hope for, but there is something yet that eclipses even this, more breathtaking than the day's already fortuitous bounty.

Today is my 32nd wedding anniversary, the day She whose strength and beauty surpasses all lifted me from my gray existence with all the color of life.

Thirty two years is more than half my lifetime. It's been splendid in every fleeting moment and at the same time like an afternoon Spring picnic, nothing like the 10000 years it would be if 32 were expressed in base two, or if spent with the wrong partner.

Well SOMEbody's certainly in a good mood! :lol: Happy anniversary good sir, and my best to your fair helpmeet and companion in life.

#TINVOWOOT

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

treadlightly wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
OK......

Congrats treadlightly!! :cheers2:

Good luck with the ARB, those who tax with impunity, and a full compliment of arbitrary decisions. :mad5
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Finally, just what we have been clamoring for; A Glock with a lanyard clip. It's about time!!

What?? They aren't going to offer it to the unwashed masses. I guess I will have to continue to pass on buying a Glock.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Glock, no thanks, "rlol"
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”