Breaking news: GLOCK MHS

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Breaking news: GLOCK MHS

Post by twomillenium »

If you want a thumb safety, fine. I have never had a problem due to the lack of a thumb safety. In fact, the external safety was what the US Calvary needed so the pistol could be carried cocked. The grip safety did this but the manual thumb safety was needed because of the inexperience of a lot of Officers, who did not receive sufficient training.
Are safeties good? Of course they are, especially for the inexperienced gun owner or those who have become so use to them, they cannot function safely without that crutch. I have nothing against manual safeties, especially when these pistols do not have internal safeties such as what Gaston Glock developed for the perfect pistol. Though we know the perfect pistol would hit the intended target everytime, but that is something where the level of operator skill is the factor. The same skill that requires the shooter to keep his bugger hook off the trigger until ready to shoot. Just my truthful biased opinion. :tiphat:

P.S. I do own pistols with external safeties, I just don't carry them on purpose. :biggrinjester: I would carry them if I felt the urge to dress like a child or wear a skirt. :biggrinjester: Just Kidding .......... NOT ............. No really, I was kidding ........... I think. :cool:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lynyrd »

I can't get past the ugly. :grumble
Do what you say you're gonna do.

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 3

Post by treadlightly »

twomillenium wrote:If you want a thumb safety, fine. I have never had a problem due to the lack of a thumb safety. In fact, the external safety was what the US Calvary needed so the pistol could be carried cocked. The grip safety did this but the manual thumb safety was needed because of the inexperience of a lot of Officers, who did not receive sufficient training.
Are safeties good? Of course they are, especially for the inexperienced gun owner or those who have become so use to them, they cannot function safely without that crutch. I have nothing against manual safeties, especially when these pistols do not have internal safeties such as what Gaston Glock developed for the perfect pistol. Though we know the perfect pistol would hit the intended target everytime, but that is something where the level of operator skill is the factor. The same skill that requires the shooter to keep his bugger hook off the trigger until ready to shoot. Just my truthful biased opinion. :tiphat:

P.S. I do own pistols with external safeties, I just don't carry them on purpose. :biggrinjester: I would carry them if I felt the urge to dress like a child or wear a skirt. :biggrinjester: Just Kidding .......... NOT ............. No really, I was kidding ........... I think. :cool:
Well, there you go, the reason for horse races as my Dad would have said. The four big rules are much more important than design features of any gun.

On the other hand, if I carried a revolver, I wouldn't carry it cocked for a single action shot. :razz:

Besides, as anyone with a shred of common sense can plainly see... Oh, heck, I'll have to get back to you. The postman just delivered the latest summer catalog. I've been trying to find the outfit Klinger wore on a MASH rerun I saw last week. Checking my safety, off to the mall! :biggrinjester:

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

treadlightly wrote:
twomillenium wrote:If you want a thumb safety, fine. I have never had a problem due to the lack of a thumb safety. In fact, the external safety was what the US Calvary needed so the pistol could be carried cocked. The grip safety did this but the manual thumb safety was needed because of the inexperience of a lot of Officers, who did not receive sufficient training.

Well, there you go, the reason for horse races as my Dad would have said. The four big rules are much more important than design features of any gun.

On the other hand, if I carried a revolver, I wouldn't carry it cocked for a single action shot. :razz:

Besides, as anyone with a shred of common sense can plainly see... Oh, heck, I'll have to get back to you. The postman just delivered the latest summer catalog. I've been trying to find the outfit Klinger wore on a MASH rerun I saw last week. Checking my safety, off to the mall! :biggrinjester:
My wife says the outfit on the bottom of page 4 looked nice on me, but only when I open carry. "rlol"
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

patterson

Post by patterson »

That changes the glocks simple manual of arms no more just point and shoot haha thats what you always hear from glock fans when comparing glocks to sigs and HKs and etc

1911 10MM

Post by 1911 10MM »

Legs around the world are rejoicing!

patterson

Post by patterson »

Now they need to change from striker fired to hammer and change trigger to a da/sa

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

patterson wrote:Now they need to change from striker fired to hammer and change trigger to a da/sa
Once they get the bugs worked out it could be a pretty nice gun. But they might want to take same of the ugly out while they are at it.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

hillfighter
Banned

Post by hillfighter »

1911 10MM wrote:Legs around the world are rejoicing!
Meanwhile the jump qualified are like TIMSS. :evil2:
"support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic"

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Nice movie fantasy.

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”