Firearm Photography

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Firearm Photography

Post by Pariah3j »

C-dub wrote:My thread, so here comes a slight drift, but not really.

After perusing several threads around here it seems like the predominantly used photo sharing site is photobucket. I also looked at a few others, well mostly just checked out the reviews on them. What are a couple pros and cons on some of the obvious ones like photobucket, flicker, tinypic, or others I'm not aware of yet? It doesn't seem like they get freaked over firearms pictures. Or do ya'll have to give them innocuous names or call them a toaster instead of a gun?
Never had any issues with firearm pics on Photobucket - I find it easy to use and for sharing and posting photos to forums (but then again I'm in IT so what I find to be easy isn't always the standard :lol: )

Can't speak to the others as I've never really used them.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

mot7981
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mot7981 »

I think it’s a good idea to have pics of all your firearms, even the ones you don’t own anymore. I usually like to have a couple of pics from both sides and a close up of the serial number. I think tit’s a good idea for insurance purposes and in case of theft, fire, etc. I keep all the pics stored in a few different places along with any paperwork I have from sales or purchases.

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 14

Post by C-dub »

Here's the picture I took with my iPhone. I'm trying out Google Photos because they have unlimited storage if your pictures are less than 16 megapixels, which all of mine are, and it will also allow video, which I don't think photobucket does. Anyway, for an iPhone picture I think this is great. Also considering my own skill as a photographer and it was last minute.

My apologies to Parabelum.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

mot7981
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mot7981 »

Looks great C-dub. Both the pic and the subject matter.
Last edited by mot7981 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Post by oljames3 »

C-dub wrote:Image
Here's the picture I took with my iPhone. I'm trying out Google Photos because they have unlimited storage if your pictures are less than 16 megapixels, which all of mine are, and it will also allow video, which I don't think photobucket does. Anyway, for an iPhone picture I think this is great. Also considering my own skill as a photographer and it was last minute.

My apologies to Parabelum.
Does not display on my Android.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

threoh8
Posts in topic: 1

Post by threoh8 »

1. Photobucket just changed some terms of use and is asking for more money to allow hotlinking. Might not be the best option right now.

2. For ideas on firearms photography, look for Ichiro Nagata's work.
The sooner I get behind, the more time I have to catch up.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by puma guy »

C-dub wrote:My thread, so here comes a slight drift, but not really.

After perusing several threads around here it seems like the predominantly used photo sharing site is photobucket. I also looked at a few others, well mostly just checked out the reviews on them. What are a couple pros and cons on some of the obvious ones like photobucket, flicker, tinypic, or others I'm not aware of yet? It doesn't seem like they get freaked over firearms pictures. Or do ya'll have to give them innocuous names or call them a toaster instead of a gun?
I've only used tinypic. It's always been free.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Never knew you were gone but glad your back safe and sound. you can make a light box to take your small gun pictures with which is what i use. Look on YouTube They are simple and produce good results after you practice a while.

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

oljames3 wrote: Does not display on my Android.
Sorry. I don't know what the deal is. Can anyone else not see the image? I wonder if it is all mobile devices or just androids.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

C-dub wrote:
Sorry. I don't know what the deal is. Can anyone else not see the image? I wonder if it is all mobile devices or just androids.
It's not showing on my PC either, and I'm using Google Chrome browser. :headscratch
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I YouTube and learn a lot about different things i'm interested in. Taking pictures of guns is not too hard. Lighting is all important in photography.
Last edited by Take Down Sicko on Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jusme »

C-dub wrote:

I can't see it either on a company supplied iPhone, but I am technologically challenged, so it may be something on my end. I will have to turn it over to my 19 year old live-in IT department.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Pawpaw wrote:
C-dub wrote:
It's not showing on my PC either, and I'm using Google Chrome browser. :headscratch
That's odd. I also use Chrome. Maybe I can see it because it is my photo? IDK :headscratch

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Take Down Sicko wrote:****?????? *turns to look*
Excuse me!

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

It's starting to sound like there might be fewer of those that CAN see the image. How many of you are there that can see it?

So far, it sounds like only mot7981 can.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”