FBI Switch

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
stash
Posts in topic: 1

FBI Switch

Post by stash »

I read this morning (not really new news) that the FBI is going to the 9mm from the .40. The new firearm will be the Glock Gen5 G-17M and G-19M. And as usually happens numerous federal agencies will follow along as well as some locals. The thing that caught my interest a little bit is that there is some talk that the U. S. Army will go the same route.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

Liberty
Posts in topic: 6

Re: FBI Switch

Post by Liberty »

Aren't these the Glocks with safeties?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I do not see the Army following suit considering this. http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017 ... istol.html
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

The Army probably won't, but could. I think that new Sig can be switched between 9mm, .357, and .40S&W by swapping out the barrel.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Liberty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Liberty »

I don't understand why the FBI would select a modified Glock Instead of an already in production SIG.
It is good to see that Glock finally understands that not having a safety isn't for everyone, Now if they could only figure out the hammer DA/SA thing.
:biggrinjester:
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

patterson
Posts in topic: 9

Post by patterson »

They have gone from 10mm to .40 to 9mm

OlBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by OlBill »

Wasting money left and right.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

patterson wrote:They have gone from 10mm to .40 to 9mm
At their rate in two years they'll be asking for glocks in .380

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 3

Post by twomillenium »

Liberty wrote:I don't understand why the FBI would select a modified Glock Instead of an already in production SIG.
It is good to see that Glock finally understands that not having a safety isn't for everyone, Now if they could only figure out the hammer DA/SA thing.
It could be the perfection thing. :biggrinjester:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

patterson

Post by patterson »

twomillenium wrote:
Liberty wrote:I don't understand why the FBI would select a modified Glock Instead of an already in production SIG.
If it was already perfection why the new changes?

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

patterson wrote:
twomillenium wrote:
If it was already perfection why the new changes?
It's because the gov't is not perfect.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

patterson

Post by patterson »

twomillenium wrote:
They probly went with Glock because of cost and if they were going for perfection they would have chose Sig

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pawpaw »

Apparently, the FBI is not good at remembering lessons previously learned.

The 1986 Miami Shootout: The gunfight that changed law enforcement nationwide
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

patterson wrote:
twomillenium wrote:
They probly went with Glock because of cost and if they were going for perfection they would have chose Sig
You may be correct about that. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

patterson

Post by patterson »

Pawpaw wrote:Apparently, the FBI is not good at remembering lessons previously learned.

The 1986 Miami Shootout: The gunfight that changed law enforcement nationwide
Yeah thats why they went to the 10mm

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”