Smart Gun Hacked, Fires using Magnets

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Smart Gun Hacked, Fires using Magnets

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Middle Age Russ wrote:
Yes, it's the old argument that guns "have no purpose other than to kill". To which I point out that there are some things that need killing. The cow, pig, or turkey that is supplying my lunch is one example (I haven't decided which yet). And a person who intends harm to me or my family is another example. So there is a legit alternative use for guns, just like there is for cars.
This is an argument I, and I presume most others here on the forum, consider valid. There are indeed things -- animals and people -- that need killing. There are many people, though, who do not see even the defensive use of firearms as valid or appropriate. While I strive to appreciate different perspectives, I struggle mightily with the idea that the life of someone or something that attacks me or my loved ones is worth as much as the life of the one they are attacking. I can't help but think that by attacking an innocent person you are making a decision to remove yourself from civilized society -- and therefore the society and its citizens have a compelling right to see to that removal.

As already stated, "smart" guns are a poor solution to a poorly stated and improperly understood problem.
There are people who believe the earth is flat. There are people who believe it is unethical to eat meat. And there are people who believe that we should allow a BG to rape and kill our family rather than defend ourselves. I have no issue with any of these people as long as they don't try to impose their beliefs on me.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:Yes, it's the old argument that guns "have no purpose other than to kill".
When I'm presented with the above argument, I like to refute by saying;
Then I guess mine are all defective. I haven't used them to kill anyone or anything.
I pray the day never comes that I have to. I also pray I am prepared, should that day ever come.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

mccloven27
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mccloven27 »

LucasMcCain wrote:Well gee, the smart gun technology has problems? That's really too bad. I was so looking forward to having a gun that the government could remotely disable whenever they want. Not to mention that as soon as they get the kinks worked out on smart guns, they can just make all these non-smart guns illegal. That would be really great too. I mean, there are just so many great reasons to develop smart guns. ::sarcasm mode off::
Just a point of note lest anyone forget, this has kind of already been preemptively done. Unless is was reversed (which I am pretty sure it wasn't) the "New Jersey Childproof Handgun Law" states that three years after the first "smart-gun" becomes "commercially available" then all guns sold in the state must be "smart-guns". If that law gets activated it probably won't take long for a bunch of states to follow suit.

LucasMcCain
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LucasMcCain »

mccloven27 wrote:
LucasMcCain wrote:Well gee, the smart gun technology has problems? That's really too bad. I was so looking forward to having a gun that the government could remotely disable whenever they want. Not to mention that as soon as they get the kinks worked out on smart guns, they can just make all these non-smart guns illegal. That would be really great too. I mean, there are just so many great reasons to develop smart guns. ::sarcasm mode off::
Just a point of note lest anyone forget, this has kind of already been preemptively done. Unless is was reversed (which I am pretty sure it wasn't) the "New Jersey Childproof Handgun Law" states that three years after the first "smart-gun" becomes "commercially available" then all guns sold in the state must be "smart-guns". If that law gets activated it probably won't take long for a bunch of states to follow suit.
I think that's the one where a local gun dealer offered one for sale, not knowing better. He got a ton of backlash, and even death threats, over it from people.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”