Academy? What are you doing!!!!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 3

Academy? What are you doing!!!!

Post by cmgee67 »

I'm pretty upset with Academy. It's one of my favorite stores due to the usually good deals on everything from
Guns to clothes but today I was disappointed. I went in there today to check out the magpul AK furniture because I'm looking to upgrade my Romanian ak that i built from the old wood furniture to magpul and a hogue rubber pistol grip. Usually my academy carries an ample amount of Ar/Ak magpul accessories but when I went in today there wasn't as much AR stuff and zero Ak magpul furniture except for the last pistol grip on sale. I asked a guy in the gun department why there wasn't any and he told me Academy changed some things and is not going to carry AK furniture anymore. He told me they just restocked today on all the gun accessories and what I see is what I get from now on. Does this mean they are going to stop selling AK rifles there as well? I don't know but this is not very cool. Can anybody shed some light on the subject? Have I been under a rock and missed something?

Darth Paul
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Academy? What are you doing!!!!

Post by Darth Paul »

Does AK furniture sell well at Academy? Do they make a good margin on it? Can they make more money stocking something else in that shelf space?

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I have no idea. I dont work there or own it

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

See the thread on no more imports of Russian rifles.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Why not try the gun show at Big Town in Mesquite? Sunday, July 30th, 10:00 to 16:00.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Sadly can't get away to that.

dlh

Post by dlh »

Last time I visited my local Academy I noticed they stopped carrying the Otis Cable cleaning kits. I asked the clerk what's up and he just shrugged his shoulders.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

Post by twomillenium »

If Academy was selling enough to make it worth their time, then they would still sell it. If a store doesn't have what I want I go to one that does or go on line. So to answer the question, Academy is doing what they can to make a profit and keep the doors open so that you can get what they do have. Inventory changes in all stores and one of the biggest reasons is PROFITABILITY.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

twomillenium wrote:If Academy was selling enough to make it worth their time, then they would still sell it. If a store doesn't have what I want I go to one that does or go on line. So to answer the question, Academy is doing what they can to make a profit and keep the doors open so that you can get what they do have. Inventory changes in all stores and one of the biggest reasons is PROFITABILITY.
:iagree:

Academy is no different than any other retail outlet. They constantly keep track of how their inventory moves. If they are no longer stocking something, it's because it didn't sell at the rate they need it to. Grocery stores, department stores, pet stores, etc all do the exact same thing. Their is no more conspiracy, than if you could no longer find Old Spice cologne at Wal mart.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

Post by twomillenium »

Jusme wrote:
twomillenium wrote:If Academy was selling enough to make it worth their time, then they would still sell it. If a store doesn't have what I want I go to one that does or go on line. So to answer the question, Academy is doing what they can to make a profit and keep the doors open so that you can get what they do have. Inventory changes in all stores and one of the biggest reasons is PROFITABILITY.
:iagree:

Academy is no different than any other retail outlet. They constantly keep track of how their inventory moves. If they are no longer stocking something, it's because it didn't sell at the rate they need it to. Grocery stores, department stores, pet stores, etc all do the exact same thing. Their is no more conspiracy, than if you could no longer find Old Spice cologne at Wal mart.
WHAAAAT! No more Old Spice!!!! :biggrinjester:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”