Wtb 1911 IWB/OWB and shoulder holster.

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
swilkes
Posts in topic: 2

Wtb 1911 IWB/OWB and shoulder holster.

Post by swilkes »

Monday or Tuesday I am buying my first 1911. A KIMBER. I am in the market for a shoulder holster and an iwb/owb for a 1911.

For the IWB/owb I want half leather and half kydex. Want I to cover the whole slide.

I was looking at the DM Bullard dual carry. How is the all leather holster? Anyone have any experiance with Bullard leather?

1911 10MM
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wtb 1911 IWB/OWB and shoulder holster.

Post by 1911 10MM »

swilkes wrote:Monday or Tuesday I am buying my first 1911. A KIMBER. I am in the market for a shoulder holster and an iwb/owb for a 1911.

For the IWB/owb I want half leather and half kydex. Want I to cover the whole slide.

I was looking at the DM Bullard dual carry. How is the all leather holster? Anyone have any experiance with Bullard leather?
I have a dual carry from him and it is top notch.

DevilDawg

Post by DevilDawg »

The Bullard is top quality and won't disappoint. :iagree:

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

For Kydex, I use only www.Comp-Tac.com. I carry my 1911's OWB in the Infidel. (Not the Infidel Ultra with leather.) For leather holsters, I strongly recommend Randy Warren at www.RDWarrenLeather.com.

Chas.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I use the dual carry from DM Bullard. My opinion is it is the best. It takes care of the IWB and OWB in one holster. I carry a 19-- in 3.5" barrel; 4.25" barrel, and a 5" barrel. All three are carried in the Dual Carry.

I also have used the CompTac Infidel for IWB. I sent you a PM.

MacTavish

Post by MacTavish »

I have used DM Bullard leather for years and they are an excellent choice. After reading the above post ref Randy Warren holsters, I ordered one and received it today (2 week turnaround). The quality and craftsmanship is fantastic. His communication is prompt. He has moved to the top of my list....

Topic author
swilkes
Posts in topic: 2

Post by swilkes »

MacTavish wrote:I have used DM Bullard leather for years and they are an excellent choice. After reading the above post ref Randy Warren holsters, I ordered one and received it today (2 week turnaround). The quality and craftsmanship is fantastic. His communication is prompt. He has moved to the top of my list....
After using a half leather and half kydex holster I bought off eBay for a few weeks I decided to buy a DM BULLARD dual carry holster. The other half and half was ok, Unless I sat down then my mag would pop out, and my safety would switch off.

No such problems with my Bullard holster. And it is a lot more comfortable IWB.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”