BREAKING: P320 Recall Issued By Dallas Police | Prohibited From Duty Till Repaired

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

growlerVII
Posts in topic: 1

Re: BREAKING: P320 Recall Issued By Dallas Police | Prohibited From Duty Till Repaired

Post by growlerVII »

Anyone think it'd be prudent to wait a bit for the volume to die down? Maybe make the turnaround shorter?

rotor
Posts in topic: 12

Re: BREAKING: P320 Recall Issued By Dallas Police | Prohibited From Duty Till Repaired

Post by rotor »

I submitted the form for the wife's 320RX today. For her it is a range gun and will continue to use it until Sig label comes and we ship it in. She has plenty of other toys to shoot. Thank you all for providing the info about this.

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

growlerVII wrote:Anyone think it'd be prudent to wait a bit for the volume to die down? Maybe make the turnaround shorter?
Two schools of thought on that. 1) yes, wait until initial rush dies down, 2) beat the rush before news goes wide. We like to think everybody knows, but really at this point it's just the enthusiasts who browse gun forums or gun news sites.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

stash
Posts in topic: 1

Post by stash »

Around 4-5 years ago Springfield had the recall on their XDS 45 ACP. They were initially inundated with returns so I waited about a year or so and mailed it in. Got it back about a week later fixed with a free mag.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 5

Post by MechAg94 »

It sounded to me like you sign up for the recall and they will get back to you later. From an interview I heard, I am not sure if they are ready to receive pistols yet. I already signed up. We'll see.

flechero
Posts in topic: 11

Post by flechero »

MechAg94 wrote:It sounded to me like you sign up for the recall and they will get back to you later. From an interview I heard, I am not sure if they are ready to receive pistols yet. I already signed up. We'll see.
Correct, the message said they would get back in some number of weeks to initiate actual returns. (they need to ramp up production of parts and train the staff to handle the 1/2 million potential returns)

flechero

Fedex label sent

Post by flechero »

Not that this is newsworthy but as a timeline for those who registered their 320's for the "upgrade." I got RMA info and my fedex label last night, via email. I registered the day that Sig opened registration. (Aug. 15th or 16th, I think?)

rotor

Post by rotor »

I got my email today.

rotor

Post by rotor »

Apparently you must take the package to a Fedex shipping center. 6 miles from my house. Be aware that they may want to check the firearm to see if it is unloaded (they didn't). They are supposed to ask contents (they didn't). Took the package with a smile and gave me a receipt. Should be there at Sig on 10/25 and 4-6 weeks (?) for return.

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

You may be pleasantly surprised at the turnaround time.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

rotor

Post by rotor »

Scott B. wrote:You may be pleasantly surprised at the turnaround time.
I hope so. Fedex tracking shows they got it today. Now we see how long before they return it.

rotor

Post by rotor »

Email from Sig that it has been shipped today and will be here on Tuesday. Less than 8 day turn around. Pretty impressive.

flechero

Post by flechero »

rotor wrote:Email from Sig that it has been shipped today and will be here on Tuesday. Less than 8 day turn around. Pretty impressive.
Same here, got my ship notice yesterday, indicating a Tuesday delivery. I was prepared for the usual "6-8 weeks" and surprised at how quick it was. We must really have been among the first few in the que.

CoffeeNut
Posts in topic: 3

Post by CoffeeNut »

Anyone else sign up immediately (within 5 minutes of the page showing up) and not receive a shipping label? I got the email a couple weeks ago letting me know it would be October/November depending on when you signed up but nothing else.

Not that worried because I'm still enjoying shooting my subcompact before it disappears but its still odd.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

rotor

Post by rotor »

CoffeeNut wrote:Anyone else sign up immediately (within 5 minutes of the page showing up) and not receive a shipping label? I got the email a couple weeks ago letting me know it would be October/November depending on when you signed up but nothing else.

Not that worried because I'm still enjoying shooting my subcompact before it disappears but its still odd.
You receive 2 emails, one is an RMA from Sig explaining how to pack it, etc. A second email came 25 min later from Fedex to print the labels or to allow Fedex to print the label when you bring it in. I guess you could go to sig site and put your serial number in to see that they have you in the system.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”