BREAKING: P320 Recall Issued By Dallas Police | Prohibited From Duty Till Repaired

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

aaangel
Posts in topic: 1

Re: BREAKING: P320 Recall Issued By Dallas Police | Prohibited From Duty Till Repaired

Post by aaangel »

Meanwhile at the glock Facebook page and I quote " before you drop that P320, pick up a glock "while sipping on a champagne! :leaving
'got to Texas ASAIC.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 2

Re: BREAKING: P320 Recall Issued By Dallas Police | Prohibited From Duty Till Repaired

Post by oljames3 »

And at 2100 Roosevelt Avenue, Springfield, MA 01104, a keen-eyed journalist found this scrawled on a stall wall:
"You can beat it, shake it,
Bang it against the wall,
But until you put your booger hook
On the bang switch,
The sear will NOT fall!"
Last edited by oljames3 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

oljames3 wrote:Given that the Sig P320 issue first surfaced with a law enforcement officer being shot in the heel, will Glock Leg be replace by shrill cries of "Sig Heel!!"? :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester:
Why yes.....yes it will! :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

The modular feature of the p320 appealed to me and I could hit the target. I don't like the Glock's grip angle or trigger.

I wonder if the P250 is drop safe?

charliee

Post by charliee »

The most irritating thing about all this mess is the fact of having to send the pistol to Sig to have the ''upgrade'' done. If true as reported and the slide has to be milled, not even a certified armorer would probably be able to complete the job. If it doesn't get the upgrade the devalue would be great.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

charliee wrote:. . . If it doesn't get the upgrade the devalue would be great.
As would the potential liability if someone were injured or killed if it discharges after being dropped.

Chas.

flechero
Posts in topic: 11

Post by flechero »

aaangel wrote:Meanwhile at the glock Facebook page and I quote " before you drop that P320, pick up a glock "while sipping on a champagne! :leaving
I find it sad that anyone takes pleasure in something like this, regardless of your preference in brands.

Ironically though, the roles will probably reverse quickly since Sig is actually fixing their issue. Meanwhile glock owners will continue having to pull the trigger to disassemble their guns. :headscratch

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Scott B. »

Imagine being on the retail side. I've got 60+ 320s that are for LE/First Responders only.... Looking forward to some details myself.

Never-the-less, still carrying my P320 and you'll notice that HPD hasn't pulled the gun from service.

The most dangerous part of dropping a pistol is not the drop - it's trying to grab the thing. I've dropped one in my life to date. Not a Sig. It's a hard instinct to fight that's sure.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Details on the voluntary upgrade program for non-LE guns.

Edit: I did have a link to the page - but Sig pulled it offline.
Last edited by Scott B. on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Details are supposed to be up today but I haven't seen anything yet. I'll be interested to see what they propose and offer... "voluntary upgrade" sounds like we will have to pay our own freight, regardless of the "fix."

allisji

Post by allisji »

parabelum wrote:I wish that Sig would have just stuck with the classics P series.
That's right. I can't imagine a pistol drop causing an ND with that 10LB trigger pull. Even in the unlikely case that it's dropped with the hammer cocked it's still a 4lb single-action trigger.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Details were up, but Sig pulled the page down. It's Voluntary, but all new production 320s will have the update. LE and retail will get details later.

From what they had posted - details could change when it returns:

Updating: Trigger, Sear, Striker, while adding a mechanical disconnector. There should be no meaningful or significant change from the current 320 trigger pull.

1) Fill out the online form, you'll need your serial number and home address.

2) Sig will contact you. Return is free of charge. Shipping to Sig may also be free. It said it was deeper into the page but not at the top. Will have to see if that's still the same when the page returns to Sig's web site.

3) Turn around time will be approximately 4 to 6 weeks.

Take all your personal stuff off the gun (aftermarket sights, magazines, triggers, lights, lasers, grip sleeves) as they won't guarantee its return.

The entire gun has to go.

Have an exchange kit, send in the slide. Striker has to be replaced and, "the disconnector cut." That last bit intrigues me.

X series 320s are affected, but trigger will not be replaced. It's already lighter than the stock trigger.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Scott- Thanks for the info! Sounds like my apex flat trigger may become a $46 paper weight after this. (too bad-the stock trigger pinched the heck out of my finger!)

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

flechero wrote:Scott- Thanks for the info! Sounds like my apex flat trigger may become a $46 paper weight after this. (too bad-the stock trigger pinched the heck out of my finger!)
Apex will give you a credit for the trigger. I'll dig up details on that later.

Sig has republished the Voluntary Upgrade page:

https://www.sigsauer.com/support/p320-v ... e-program/

flechero

Post by flechero »

Scott B. wrote:
flechero wrote:Scott- Thanks for the info! Sounds like my apex flat trigger may become a $46 paper weight after this. (too bad-the stock trigger pinched the heck out of my finger!)
Apex will give you a credit for the trigger. I'll dig up details on that later.

Sig has republished the Voluntary Upgrade page:

https://www.sigsauer.com/support/p320-v ... e-program/
Many thanks, Scott B.!! :tiphat:

Edited to add:

Found the Apex info:
http://www.apextactical.com/blog/index. ... -products/

Good news!
Last edited by flechero on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”