Fun on the range with new toy

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
swilkes
Posts in topic: 2

Fun on the range with new toy

Post by swilkes »

Bought a KIMBER super carry custom hd Monday and received it yesterday. Also ordered 2 extra magazines. Couldn't wait to get off work today. Got home and did my first feild strip, cleaned and oiled it. It was a chore, It was very tight. Now that I now a lot more what to do I bet it will be a lot easy to take apart. Wasn't sure I was gunna be able to do with out prying it. But I got it. Finally got it back together. Only took an hour. It seemed to make a big diff racking the slide cleaned and oiled.

200 (flawless) rounds later, it has smoothed out a bunch already. i am in love. Went and bought another 200 rounds to finish the break in first thing in the morning. Bought 2 boxes of federal hollow point to test out also. Good thing about breaking it in I sure get lots of range time with her.

Already have my Galco shoulder holster adjusted, an iwb and owb holster ready for work. My DM BULLARD gun belt should be here Monday.

Now how do you post pics from iPhone?

Topic author
swilkes

Re: Fun on the range with new toy

Post by swilkes »

Well another 250 rounds of ball ammo and 100 rounds of hollow points. Another flawless session. Now to clean her up again and put her in rotation.

My belt say "out for delivery". That was fast since I ordered it yesterday morning. Wasn't expecting it for another few days.

1911 10MM
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 1911 10MM »

swilkes wrote:Bought a KIMBER super carry custom hd Monday and received it yesterday. Also ordered 2 extra magazines. Couldn't wait to get off work today. Got home and did my first feild strip, cleaned and oiled it. It was a chore, It was very tight. Now that I now a lot more what to do I bet it will be a lot easy to take apart. Wasn't sure I was gunna be able to do with out prying it. But I got it. Finally got it back together. Only took an hour. It seemed to make a big diff racking the slide cleaned and oiled.

200 (flawless) rounds later, it has smoothed out a bunch already. i am in love. Went and bought another 200 rounds to finish the break in first thing in the morning. Bought 2 boxes of federal hollow point to test out also. Good thing about breaking it in I sure get lots of range time with her.

Already have my Galco shoulder holster adjusted, an iwb and owb holster ready for work. My DM BULLARD gun belt should be here Monday.

Now how do you post pics from iPhone?
I have a Kimber Ultra Raptor II that has been flawless as well. This was my first Kimber and so far I love it.

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Post by flechero »

Shoot the heck out if it and enjoy! Range time is good for your soul - make a point to shoot it regularly. :fire

The Marshal

Post by The Marshal »

My first pistol (told the Wife I was only going to get one, so I wanted a good one) was a Kimber Warrior about 12 years ago.
Shot it again yesterday. Was my best shooter of the day. My buddy shot a tight group with it, and his Wife was spot on.
It is the pistol that everyone shoot well. And I have put 5K+ rounds through it and have had no issues or replaced anything.
It has been a fantastic shooter. Hopefully you will have the same results

The Marshal

Post by The Marshal »

Oh, and to have some real fun, get the .22 Caliber Conversion for it.
The best part is that you train yourself with the same gun. And the .22 is a tack driver.
I do that and use it to train new shooters.
Then they are not as afraid to shoot the .45

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”