Shipping a firearm door to door in TX

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1


Jose_in_Dallas
Senior Member
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:59 pm

Re: Shipping a firearm door to door in TX

Postby Jose_in_Dallas » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:17 pm

aaangel wrote:you have to go their customer/ship centers not ups stores/fedex kinkos or any third parties. for me here in gp/arlington area:

UPS Customer Center
379 EXCHANGE, ARLINGTON, TX, 76011-7807
Tel: 8007425877

FedEx Ship Center
2802 Osler Dr
Grand Prairie, TX 75051

also when picking a location check the "dangerous good shipping" box. but yeah get ready to pay! last time i shipped using fedex, i got "robbed"! :grumble


I went to the UPS Customer Center on Monroe Dr. in Dallas and they wouldn't ship a handgun to a buyer in Houston.

User avatar

aaangel
Senior Member
Posts: 847
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:06 am
Location: Grand Prairie

Re: Shipping a firearm door to door in TX

Postby aaangel » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:46 pm

don't know much about UPS and shipping to a non ffl. I know at fedex they ask for a copy of the ffl's license.
'got to Texas ASAIC.


Rex B
Senior Member
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:30 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Shipping a firearm door to door in TX

Postby Rex B » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:46 pm

My FFL ships handguns for $30.
Last time I checked FedEx it was $45.
UPS wouldn't even talk to me .
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

User avatar

aaangel
Senior Member
Posts: 847
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:06 am
Location: Grand Prairie

Re: Shipping a firearm door to door in TX

Postby aaangel » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:02 am

Rex B wrote:My FFL ships handguns for $30.

who's your ffl?
'got to Texas ASAIC.


Rex B
Senior Member
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:30 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Shipping a firearm door to door in TX

Postby Rex B » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:44 am

aaangel wrote:
Rex B wrote:My FFL ships handguns for $30.

who's your ffl?


TMS Guns in Haslet
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

User avatar

Topic author
bmwrdr
Senior Member
Posts: 1013
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Re: Shipping a firearm door to door in TX

Postby bmwrdr » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:06 pm

As requested by some fellow board members a quick update to the shipping process.
The gun was picked up by FedEx today. The buyer got tracking information via e-mail and should receive the package in 2 days.
There was no issue on my (sellers) end, the buyer initiated the shipping process and the fedEx employee did not even ask whats in the box.
I guess not having to deal with an individual at the counter makes the difference.

:tiphat:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

User avatar

Topic author
bmwrdr
Senior Member
Posts: 1013
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Re: Shipping a firearm door to door in TX

Postby bmwrdr » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:48 pm

Package arrived today, the box was not opened or damaged in transit.
Shipping a firearm door to door without FFL works as expected in Texas.

:tiphat:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts: 2565
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Shipping a firearm door to door in TX

Postby Soccerdad1995 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:02 pm

I have also been able to ship a firearm to an individual in Texas, using Fed Ex I believe. There is a legal requirement to notify the shipping company that you are shipping a gun. I chose to do this via e-mail so I would have a written record of the notification, but other than that hassle it was pretty easy.

If you want to make the process even easier, or if you are shipping a gun to an FFL out of state, I have recently used the Ship My Gun service that is owned by Buds gun shop. They take care of everything, and it is fairly inexpensive. I paid $32 to ship a handgun to Virginia plus another $9 for optional insurance. They sent me a Fed Ex label that I just attached to the box.
Ding dong, the witch is dead

User avatar

carlson1
Moderator
Posts: 9006
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Shipping a firearm door to door in TX

Postby carlson1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:10 pm

Soccerdad1995 wrote:...I have recently used the Ship My Gun service that is owned by Buds gun shop. They take care of everything, and it is fairly inexpensive. I paid $32 to ship a handgun to Virginia plus another $9 for optional insurance. They sent me a Fed Ex label that I just attached to the box.


I have read about this services and how pleased people were with using it.
Image

User avatar

Topic author
bmwrdr
Senior Member
Posts: 1013
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Re: Shipping a firearm door to door in TX

Postby bmwrdr » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:21 pm

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I have also been able to ship a firearm to an individual in Texas, using Fed Ex I believe. There is a legal requirement to notify the shipping company that you are shipping a gun. I chose to do this via e-mail so I would have a written record of the notification, but other than that hassle it was pretty easy.

If you want to make the process even easier, or if you are shipping a gun to an FFL out of state, I have recently used the Ship My Gun service that is owned by Buds gun shop. They take care of everything, and it is fairly inexpensive. I paid $32 to ship a handgun to Virginia plus another $9 for optional insurance. They sent me a Fed Ex label that I just attached to the box.


Thanks for sharing. In this case the buyer initiated the shipment, I received a label via e-mail, printed it and attached it to the box. I am not sure if it is required to announce the content of the package, all I know is there was an adult signature required upon receipt.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

User avatar

E.Marquez
Senior Member
Posts: 2572
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:48 pm
Location: Kempner
Contact:

Re: Shipping a firearm door to door in TX

Postby E.Marquez » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:54 pm

I dont ship firearms, but I have shipped an awful lot of "Machined parts"
Its kind of like the deal with taking a firearm in checked baggage.. I know its legal, the airline web site and TSA say its legal, but when you walk in to the shipping location your often dealing with the lowest common denominator an "GUN" on the invoice gives some of them heart flutters....causing you delay as you help them learn how to do their job.
No words or opinions I post in this forum are intended to be offensive to any member here.

User avatar

Topic author
bmwrdr
Senior Member
Posts: 1013
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Re: Shipping a firearm door to door in TX

Postby bmwrdr » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:05 pm

E.Marquez wrote:I dont ship firearms, but I have shipped an awful lot of "Machined parts"
Its kind of like the deal with taking a firearm in checked baggage.. I know its legal, the airline web site and TSA say its legal, but when you walk in to the shipping location your often dealing with the lowest common denominator an "GUN" on the invoice gives some of them heart flutters....causing you delay as you help them learn how to do their job.


:iagree: To avoid having to deal with an untrained person at the counter it made sense to schedule a pickup. The driver had no question about the content of the package, scanned the label and two days later the package arrived at the destination.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─


Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests