The wife is weird sometimes..........

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
JRG
Posts in topic: 3

The wife is weird sometimes..........

Post by JRG »

I don't know about yours, but my wife is weird sometimes.

I watched the Apple news conference today and decided that I would get a new Apple Series 3 watch. She immediately said that would be great. Go back about 3 weeks or so and I mentioned something about getting a new Mossberg Shockwave. She said "What do you need a new gun for? You have too many as it is."

They would both cost around $400. The watch evidently is a good idea, however the Shockwave is not. Somehow, I find that weird.

How about you?

Joe

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The wife is weird sometimes..........

Post by ELB »

JRG wrote:I don't know about yours, but my wife is weird sometimes.

I watched the Apple news conference today and decided that I would get a new Apple Series 3 watch. She immediately said that would be great. Go back about 3 weeks or so and I mentioned something about getting a new Mossberg Shockwave. She said "What do you need a new gun for? You have too many as it is."

They would both cost around $400. The watch evidently is a good idea, however the Shockwave is not. Somehow, I find that weird.

How about you?

Joe
Have your LGS engrave "Apple Series 3 Watch" on a Shockwave. Buy. Problems solved.
USAF 1982-2005

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

I wonder what she'd say if you told here you wanted to buy a $400 Gucci purse? :mrgreen: :lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

mot7981

Post by mot7981 »

As an Apple shareholder, I applaud your wife’s approval of your new series 3 watch purchase. As far as the Shockwave goes, I’ve always kept a separate gun fund for buying & selling so I can operate autonomously. She’s not interested in guns and I’m not interested in her knowing how many I have.
:lol:

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

whenever i bring home a new toy, i find it easier to ask for forgiveness than permission!
'got to Texas ASAIC.

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

In three years the Apple watch will be obsolete - if it even still works.
In three years the shockwave will still be good as new.

It's your call.

johncanfield
Posts in topic: 2

Post by johncanfield »

I'll mention two or three times that I sure could use this or that and she'll acknowledge my remarks and of course I interpret that as approval. But it's not :nono: .
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

I pay attention to when SWMBO says something like "That would be nice to have" or stops and looks longingly at something and it pays off. Recently we were at a Wally World. She examined a metal lone star decoration piece and commented how nice it would look over her table and two chair girlie tea set thingy on the patio. It was the same color. I grunted my usual response. She was visiting me while I was working in Houston. A week later she left back to La Grange. She hadn't been gone 15 minutes and I was out the door to Wally World and bought that danged star to hang over her girlie tea set table on the back porch.

I haven't bought any guns lately but she doesn't say anything when something for the hunting ranch shows up like a new 22 gun safe.

With the ladies, it is the little things. You guys need to be more sensitive and get in touch with your feelings.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

When I got my LTC my wife was asking me "are you going to carry that everywhere?" Of course the reply was certainly, when we made a late night trip to Wal-Mart and a couple of shady looking guys were crossing the parking lot going in our general direction, she asked me if I had my gun on me, I said yes always. That is the last time she said anything about me carrying!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

"Get in touch with your feelings."
I don't think I have any of those!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

flechero

Post by flechero »

anygunanywhere wrote:I pay attention to when SWMBO says something like "That would be nice to have" or stops and looks longingly at something and it pays off. Recently we were at a Wally World. She examined a metal lone star decoration piece and commented how nice it would look over her table and two chair girlie tea set thingy on the patio. It was the same color. I grunted my usual response. She was visiting me while I was working in Houston. A week later she left back to La Grange. She hadn't been gone 15 minutes and I was out the door to Wally World and bought that danged star to hang over her girlie tea set table on the back porch.

I haven't bought any guns lately but she doesn't say anything when something for the hunting ranch shows up like a new 22 gun safe.

With the ladies, it is the little things. You guys need to be more sensitive and get in touch with your feelings.
Right on, Brother!

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

crazy2medic wrote:"Get in touch with your feelings."
Neanderthal. :biggrinjester:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Deplorable Neanderthal!

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

crazy2medic wrote:"Get in touch with your feelings."
I was thinking, "I can fake that."
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

JRG wrote:I don't know about yours, but my wife is weird sometimes.

How about you?

Joe
Just ask her what she needs another pair of shoes for? Or another bag, as the case may be.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”