.44 AutoMag being reborn - JD Jones

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

EL29jm
Posts in topic: 3

Re: .44 AutoMag being reborn - JD Jones

Post by EL29jm »

I have been following the AutoMag for a long time but never made a final decision to purchase one. Not an expert but fairly versed on the history. Also, ones being sold had concerns with condition and reliability. There were good ones and not so good ones. When I found out that the AutoMag was being reborn, improvements and new modern machine techniques, peaked my interest. While not a practical pistol for urban life it was one on my bucket list and not many years left, still young at mind and good health at 60. I thought people selling/asking for more than $2500 for an AutoMag was nuts (depending on condition and SN) surely over $3500 was absolutely insane for one of the new AutoMags. So I ordered one ;-) , Classic with 8.5. Now I wait and when it arrives will run a few at PSC range.
(Grid - EL29jl - moved) NRA Lifetime member

EL29jm

Post by EL29jm »

Good man! We'll have to hook up when we both have ours and annoy some fellow shooters :cool:
Andy, that would be fun. Also I thought I read somewhere the 50 Founders editions were being shipped. Not sure if all were shipped, let us know when yours arrives, plus a video! ** Clarification/edit - 77 Founders produced and 27 of those kept by Patrick for family, friends and promotional **

Found some additional information regarding the Classic Edition, from the CEO
* There will be a regular case and an option to upgrade to a wooden case like the Founders come with
* Two mags comes with each gun
* offering 75 classics
* Serial number CE-01 thru CE-75
Last edited by EL29jm on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Grid - EL29jl - moved) NRA Lifetime member

Noggin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Noggin »

Reading this thread got me wondering. - Has anyone here shot both the .44 Automag and the closest Desert Eagle Equivalent and is prepared to offer comparative opinion of the two pistols?
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Deltaboy »

Looking forward to seeing it! :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

RandyM

Post by RandyM »

Starline brass shows to have cases in stock, https://www.starlinebrass.com/brass-cas ... Mag-Brass/

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I know where the is a Wildey in .475 Wildey Mag!!

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Update: Manufacturing Process of New AUTOMAG Pistol
Several months ago we talked about the revival of the AutoMag pistol by Auto Mag LTD, Corp. Particularly, we discussed the design changes of the magazine and the feeding system in general. Recently, the company has released an update about the current status of the new Auto Mag pistol’s production process.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”