Px4 Storm

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 6

Px4 Storm

Post by crazy2medic »

The wife has decided she wants a PX4 Storm, anybody have one, and what do you think about it?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Px4 Storm

Post by Liberty »

I have the PX4 SC I really like it and it is my EDC. Great shooter and carries well. Probably too big to be a true subcompact. It's not clear what the intended purpose she wants the PX4 for but its a big gun for most ladies to conceal carry. She might take a look at the subcompact.

Beretta makes a reliable nice looking gun. One of the manufactures still dedicated to quality hammer fired guns. Beretta is most likely the first place I will look for my next handgun purchase.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RoyGBiv »

44 pages (and growing) of discussion here....

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php ... rstatement!
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Thanks for the link Roy, to answer the first question she is planning on getting a Security officers commission and this is the pistol of her choice, not sure if she plans on carrying it concealed or not!
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

It is my EDC, next to it small brother the Nano. The later has horrible long heavy trigger pull and I had to change its springs to get it workable. PX4FS, PX4SC are solid reliable pistols.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

I have a full size in .45ACP in a paddle holster. It is a big gun, but very reliable. It also comes with interchangeable back straps.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

I JUST got back from Academy. I have been interested in the PX4 as well. I looked at the compact model. I know each of us have our own preferences, and to me while is is a solid built fine looking piece of machinery, it's just too bulky and heavy for a CC... Just my own opinion of course...

If your looking for a hammer drop, the Springfield Armory XD-E was reasonably priced and felt very good...

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

Tex1961 wrote:I JUST got back from Academy. I have been interested in the PX4 as well. I looked at the compact model. I know each of us have our own preferences, and to me while is is a solid built fine looking piece of machinery, it's just too bulky and heavy for a CC... Just my own opinion of course...

If you're looking for a hammer drop, the Springfield Armory XD-E was reasonably priced and felt very good...
You might want to look at the Subcompact model. It's still pretty big for a gun labeled as a subcompact, but it carries well and operates similarly to other PX4's. It still allows for 13+1 round carry and has the nifty pinky extension on the mags. Other than size the biggest difference between it and the subcompact is that it uses the more traditional "tilt breech" rather than the rotating barrel.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
crazy2medic

Re: Px4 Storm maybe not!

Post by crazy2medic »

Was visiting my son at the gun shop he works at and he showed my wife the HK P30sk, low and behold she likes that pistol! Sooo that has now become her choice, hopefully we can get a good deal on it!

AdioSS

Post by AdioSS »

I grabbed a used fullsize Type C in .40 with night sights for about $250 shipped a while back. I like it, but the sides are a bit slick & flat to me. I’ve taken a Dremel to it to contour the sides a bit & will be stippling it soon. Otherwise, I like how it shoots & feels. I changed the trigger setup a bit to shorten the Type C trigger reset which also restored second strike capability.

Topic author
crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I handled both pistols and very much prefer the HK, but of course big price difference!

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I don't own one. I have access to one and I have shot it. The gun felt awkward bulky and looked weird to me. BUT, it shot very well and was super accurate! That gun has been very reliable and overall I think it's a good gun, just not my cup of joe

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

crazy2medic wrote:I handled both pistols and very much prefer the HK, but of course big price difference!
I bought a HK p30 (standard size) over 10 years ago when it came out. It is reliable, never needed to fix anything, perfect fit for my hands and parts and accessoires are widely available. hkparts.net is one great resource for magazines, sights, etc. You can use magazines from a UPS compact, P 2000 (SK) and there is a 30 round magazine on hkparts.net as well.
I think you'll enjoy the wifes P0SK as well.

:tiphat:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Topic author
crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

bmwrdr wrote:
crazy2medic wrote:I handled both pistols and very much prefer the HK, but of course big price difference!
I bought a HK p30 (standard size) over 10 years ago when it came out. It is reliable, never needed to fix anything, perfect fit for my hands and parts and accessoires are widely available. hkparts.net is one great resource for magazines, sights, etc. You can use magazines from a UPS compact, P 2000 (SK) and there is a 30 round magazine on hkparts.net as well.
I think you'll enjoy the wifes P0SK as well.

:tiphat:
Thanks for your input on the pistol, I think she'll be thrilled,
I think I would enjoy going and shooting with the wife, sincerely I'm not a huge fan of the 9mm

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”