Unbelievable price on Trijicon RMR

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Unbelievable price on Trijicon RMR

Post by Pawpaw »

Cabela's is selling the Trijicon RMR (red led - 3.25 or 6.5 moa) for $290! When you add it to your cart, a free UTG mount will be added, to boot.

These things normally sell for over $500. If you've been wanting one, you may never beat this deal.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product. ... %3DProduct

Correction, it will add 2 mounts, one low profile and one co-witness height.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Unbelievable price on Trijicon RMR

Post by Abraham »

Thanks!

QB

Post by QB »

I assume these are the discontinued Type 1 models? I can't find any info on them on the Cabelas website like RMxx Type 1 or Type 2.....guess I'll call them to get the specs. Thanks for the link.
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

loktite

Post by loktite »

From what I've read, theses are RM01 and RM02, Type 1

From a post on gun.deals regarding this (disregard the color choices, pretty sure Cabela's only has black)
Auto Adjust LED Models

These are the automatic adjustment LED models RM01 & RM02. These are pretty much identical to the RM06, RM07 & RM09 that we just covered except that they are auto-adjust only. There is no manual adjustment feature or capability. The battery life is rated at about 2 years of typical use but will vary based on the lighting conditions that your optic is in. The RM01 features a 3.25MOA dot just like the RM06 and the RM02 is the 6.5MOA dot similar to the RM07. These too are available in Black, Grey, FDE, OD Green & a newly released Nickel Boron finish.

While the RM01 and RM02 are a little cheaper than the RM06 & RM07, they are not the ideal option. A lot of users have reported issues with the dot “washing out” in low light conditions when a weapon mounted light (WML) or handheld is used making it difficult or impossible to see the dot. It is advised to go with the manually adjustable RM06 or RM07 version to avoid this problem.
NRA Endowment Member

philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

So I got my AR15 receiver and barrel as a hedge on the election.

That's as far as I gotten.

Would this LED sight be a good or excellent choice for my AR?

Most dream builds I see for an AR seem to show a much bigger scope.

I don't know yet what I plan to do with the AR, target shooting or home defense.

Topic author
Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

philip964 wrote:So I got my AR15 receiver and barrel as a hedge on the election.

I don't know yet what I plan to do with the AR, target shooting or home defense.
It depends on what you want it for. The RMR (and pretty much all 1x scopes) are more for close quarters. At distance, the RMR will make it hard to be precise, due to the round dot. The smaller available dot size is 3.25 moa. That means it will cover 3-1/4 inches at 100 yards. The farther out you go, the more it covers.

My AR has an ACOG with 4x magnification for distance. My RMR sits on top of that and provides a heads-up, both eyes open sight for close quarters.

Mine is a very $pendy setup. The optics cost far more than the Colt rifle.
Attachments
Scope.JPG
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

That's going to be an awfully big dot. I use a 1MOA.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

Pawpaw wrote:
philip964 wrote:So I got my AR15 receiver and barrel as a hedge on the election.

It depends on what you want it for. The RMR (and pretty much all 1x scopes) are more for close quarters. At distance, the RMR will make it hard to be precise, due to the round dot. The smaller available dot size is 3.25 moa. That means it will cover 3-1/4 inches at 100 yards. The farther out you go, the more it covers.

My AR has an ACOG with 4x magnification for distance. My RMR sits on top of that and provides a heads-up, both eyes open sight for close quarters.

Ooh ooh I can have both, double stacked. Now I'm getting excited.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Pawpaw wrote:

I have the same set-up on a Tavor. It works well.

Topic author
Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I have the same set-up on a Tavor. It works well.
I'd like to see that. :thumbs2:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”