OFF BODY
4%

Total votes: 126

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 3

Carry style

Post by Tex1961 »

I’m curious as to how you carry. I understand summer, winter, causal vs. business and all other factors that determine how or why a person carries and I know that many carry differently depending on the above factors. But I am interested in your normal everyday default carry style. As you can see I’ve created a poll to make it easier. If I’ve missed something let me know and I can add it.

I hope to help both myself and others who may be new to CC as to what the majority and experienced people do.

Thanks

P.S. If this subject has been beaten to death somewhere else I apologize
Last edited by Tex1961 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Carry style

Post by carlson1 »

95% I carry OWB concealed. It is more comfortable for me.

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

You need too allow multiple responses. I carry in a SpecGear bellyband hybrid, OWB, and IWB about the same amount.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I have an IWB holster for a gun I sold several years ago. I have not bothered to get one for any of the guns I have now, so I only carry OWB when I am able.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

OWB openly except in 30.07 location or sanctuary of my church during the worship service.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Tex1961 »

troglodyte wrote:You need too allow multiple responses. I carry in a SpecGear bellyband hybrid, OWB, and IWB about the same amount.
I just edited to allow up to 2 responses

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I don't want to even contemplate an IWB with a full size 1911 with double stack, OWB in a belt slide is comfortable, winter coming on I'll probably be concealed but only because of trying to stay warm and to keep rain off the gun!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Crash

Post by Crash »

AIWB, 90% of the time, sometimes in the front pockete.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

IWB, and, as a woman, I carry about a total of 4 different styles, yeh, we actually have lots of options available to us.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

flechero

Post by flechero »

IWB about 95-98% of the time for me with pocket carry a distant 2nd.

I used to switch modes often but over the years have adjusted my dress to accommodate IWB. It seems to be the best compromise between rapid access and being discreet.

swilkes

Post by swilkes »

mostly I carry IWB. when not IWB it is in my shoulder holster!

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

It really depends on the day and situation for me. I’d say 90% IWB and the other 10 pocket or OWB or my flash bang holster :biggrinjester: that parts a joke! Lately I’ve been pocket carrying quite a bit because of the heat. A crossbreed in Texas heat is quite the warmer. When it or if it gets cold enough to wear a coat I’ll carry owb more often because it will be more comfortable and easier to conceal.
SewTexas wrote:IWB, and, as a woman, I carry about a total of 4 different styles, yeh, we actually have lots of options available to us.

I have seen women concealed carry in a crossbreed super tuck and you couldn’t even tell they had it so for all the women out there it can be done!

Medley86

Post by Medley86 »

I mostly pocket carry my LCP, when I want more capacity I carry OWB in SOB holster at about 430.
Ruger LCP in a Talon wallet holster EDC

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Prefer OWB covered by a jacket or sport coat when I can. If I need to definitely conceal then pocket carry a 9mm Shield.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Smokey613

Post by Smokey613 »

Right side, OWB using Safailand paddle holster with mag/cuff paddle pouch on left side. The same setup I use on duty except I carry G20SF on duty and Shield 45 off duty. I always conceal off duty. If it's cool enough a light jacket, if warm weather I wear shorts with t-shirt and open short sleeve cover shirt. I imagine most people I encounter off duty never even think about guns and those that do pretty much peg me as a carry person. I do keep my badge in a holder on my belt just in front of my holster. Before returning to LE 2 years ago I had gotten complacent and mostly carried a .380 in RF pocket. I sometimes still carry an LCP in a pocket as a BU.
Texas LEO / TCOLE Firearms Instructor / LTC / Glock Armorer / NRA Endowment-Life Member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”