M&P 2.0 Compact 9mm

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
LTUME1978
Posts in topic: 1

M&P 2.0 Compact 9mm

Post by LTUME1978 »

I recently received the two M&P 2.0 Compact 9mms that I ordered from Brownells (on sale for a really good price). They are the same size as the Glock 19 and will work for the Compact Carry Pistol division in IDPA. They came with the medium grip inserts installed on both pistols. I looked them over at the FFL before doing the paper work and everything seemed to be ok. I got them home and put the large grip inserts on both pistols (I have big hands) and now the magazines will not drop free. Went back to the medium grip inserts and the magazine dropped right out. Back to the large grip insert and it will not fall free. I tried all four magazines in both pistols as well as some 17 round magazines that I have for other M&Ps. The magazine drops about one inch and then stops.

The triggers on these pistols are terrible. I had planned to have a trigger job done on them but was expecting better with all of the hype out of S&W about the improved triggers.

The stippling on the front and sides of the grip are a big improvement and feel great. However, they overdid it on the grip insert. That feels like one is grabbing a hold of a porcupine. When I called S&W to discuss the other issues, I asked about sanding the grip insert down a little to smooth it out. They said, sure, you can do that but it will void the warranty on the grip insert if it cracks.

I have several of the original M&Ps and am pleased with them. It is disappointing that S&W would send out new pistols with issues. They have issued a call tag but one should not have to go through that for new pistols. Me thinks that they should do their homework before sending out new pistols. I can't believe that I am the only one that has this problem as the serial numbers are not close to each other. People that don't use them in competition may not notice or care. Those of us that do will and will give S&W an earful for poor quality control. Almost enough to get me to sell my M&Ps and stick with 1911s.

Buyer Beware!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”