Shoulder holster?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 1

Shoulder holster?

Post by crazy2medic »

I'm giving serious consideration to buying a shoulder holster for my P14, my thought is that during winter the gun will be under a jacket or a unbutton flannel shirt protected from inclement weather, concealed carry really isn't a concern, I've been looking more towards a vertical style holster and not at the horizontal style, here's my question/concern, the thought of unwittingly pointing the gun at somebody by carrying in the horizontal holster doesn't sit well with me, I know the gun is perfectly safe or I wouldn't carry it at all, but my father taught me gun safety, beat into my head NEVER point a gun at anything your not willing to kill or destroy is deeply ingrained, sooo I'm leaning towards the vertical carry, but would like to discuss the horizontal carry as it would be quicker to draw from. You guys thoughts on this?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Shoulder holster?

Post by ELB »

There is a great thread on this site by a forum member who worked out a lot of issues with shoulder-holster carry, I don 't have it at my finger tips but search around. I believe it is only a few months old.
USAF 1982-2005

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Shoulder holster?

Post by ELB »

Here we go: http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=31470

This thread should be a sticky.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”