Anyone here own a Ruger LC9S Blue Titanium?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 6

Anyone here own a Ruger LC9S Blue Titanium?

Post by Abraham »

If so, would you know if the trigger is exactly the same as the Ruger LC9S?

Why do I ask?

Cabelas has the blue one on sale for $20.00 cheaper than the LC9S.

I don't care if it's blue, but if the trigger is different, I'll spring for the extra $20.00.

I'm going to carry this one for yard work in a pouch to keep it clean as the dust I raise mowing or what have you isn't conducive to keeping a pistol clean.

Right now, I'm only carrying a little bitty .32 cal. in a pouch thus I feel under-gunned...and carrying my G19 is far too bulky for doing yard work.

Thanks!

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Anyone here own a Ruger LC9S Blue Titanium?

Post by Tex1961 »

I hate to speak up and be wrong, but I'd put a pretty sure bet up that it's no different. You can go direct to Rugers website and verify specs though.

I don't know where you live, but I just bought the black one from Grab A Gun.. I live in Dallas and they were only 25 min. drive away.. The price is $285.00.

I only have around 100 rounds through it as I only got it last week, but I have CCI, Maxtech, Winchester and Hornady critical defense rounds go through with perfect functionality. I just upgraded from a Bersa Thunder 380.. I love the gun.. Much lighter and smaller, but not so small that you can't get a good grip on it. Now if my darned Alien Gear Shapeshift Holster system would ship out I could carry it..

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Tex1961,

Thanks for your reply.

I researched up, down, sideways at Ruger and many other sites before asking here, for the answer to my question and could not find it.

I too 'think' the triggers are the same, but certain I am not...

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

The trigger on the Ruger SR1911 isn't too had and it's easy to cleanup or upgrade.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

BBYC,

That's good information, however at this point, I'm interested in the trigger comparison for the Ruger LC9S Blue Titanium vs plain old LC9S.

Like earlier stated, the triggers are probably the same, but I like to be certain before I plunk my moola down...

zmcgooga

Post by zmcgooga »

Don't own one but have looked at them, since Ruger doesn't even have them listed on their site (that I can see) I checked out the Cabela's site http://www.cabelas.com/product/Ruger-re ... 182399.uts. At the bottom is a chart of all the specs for the different models. While nothing about the trigger is mentioned specifically everything else is identical between the models with the exception of the frames.

I think it would be a safe bet to assume that they are the same and they just switched out the frame color/materials to attract more people and kept the internals the same.

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

zmcgooga,

Thank you for your efforts...now, I have to know what differences there is in frame design between the blue titanium and standard design, if you will, sigh...

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Abraham wrote:zmcgooga,

Thank you for your efforts...now, I have to know what differences there is in frame design between the blue titanium and standard design, if you will, sigh...
Call ruger and ask?
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

TreyHouston,

At this point, since I can't get through to Ruger and the Cabelas people couldn't tell me, I've decided to get the standard issue black LC9S.

I'm certain, I won't go wrong with this one, not so certain with the blue one...being one who tries to get the best money deal available (the blue one is $20.00 cheaper) isn't always the best deal if you throw in unknowns (frame design differences and trigger) and then upon arrival become disappointed.

I didn't know until informed by a Cabelas employee if sale items are sold out, one can order them on the internet for the sale price (if still on sale) to arrive at the store of my choice. Supposedly, it'll take 5/8 days to get there. No shipping charge.

I can wait as they are out of both the standard issue and the blue one.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

http://palmettostatearmory.com/ruger-lc ... -3265.html

If PSA is to be trusted, it appears that the only difference is the frame is cerakoted.
Frame: Blue Titanium Cerakote Grip Frame
Therefore, no difference in the firearm itself, basically just a coat of paint (for lack of a better analogy)
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

Triggers are exactly the same. The only difference is the color. If it was a different trigger, it would be noted.

Source: Dealer friend
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Thank you one and all!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”