What would you reach for, handgun or shotgun?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Re: What would you reach for, handgun or shotgun?

Post by C-dub »

Since it has been mentioned again in this thread and over and over in many others, there are no incorrect answers and each of our own situations might be unique.

One other reason for my choice of the M4 first and handgun second and not even keeping the shotgun loaded is because, while my wife is also in the house with me she is right next to me, but our daughter is in her own room on the other side of the house. If she's screaming for help and someone is trying to take her I want to be able to make the precision shot that counts and IMHO that isn't going to be with a shotgun.

When I practice for CQC at the range this is one thing I keep in mind. And then I always pray that I'll never have to make that shot for real.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”