Trigger - Ruger LC9 Pro Same As LC9S?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 4

Trigger - Ruger LC9 Pro Same As LC9S?

Post by Abraham »

I ask as I prefer carrying with one in the chamber.

If the triggers in both models are identical, I will feel confident carrying with the safety off and one in the chamber with the LC9S.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

PS: I've researched rather extensively and have yet to see an answer to my specific question.

eureka40
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Trigger - Ruger LC9 Pro Same As LC9S?

Post by eureka40 »

The LC9 is hammer fired, the LC9s is striker fired, so the triggers are not the same.
TSRA Life Memeber

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Tex1961 »

eureka40 wrote:The LC9 is hammer fired, the LC9s is striker fired, so the triggers are not the same.
The op was asking about the LC9S vs LC9s pro. The difference is that the pro version does not have a safety. I believe that the trigger pull as the same, but don’t quote me on that. I carry with one in the chamber and safety off however. My routine is to activate the safety before holstering and then flip it off after it is secured in the holster. At the end of the day I flip the safety on before removing my firearm before removing my holster. Before I started doing this I practiced with the gun unloaded, I would depress the trigger and try to flip the safety switch off (you can’t), so I know it’s safe to do what I am doing. I also have a keyword that I use to remind me to pull the safety off when I holster, I say BACKFIRE in my mind as I have to flip the switch back to go live.
I love the LC9s by the way. Only around 17 oz, dead accurate and a sweet trigger pull. Not too light but not to long or hard either.

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Tex1961,

Yes, LC9S Pro and it's my fault for the confusion as I neglected to add the S after LC9...

The Pro model comes without a safety and no mag disconnect, just like a Glock, the safety is in your mind.

That said, again I ask, do both the LC9S Pro and the LC9S come with identical triggers thus identical pull weight?

I've looked and still can't find the answer.

If they are the same pull weight, than I'd feel quite comfortable carrying with one in the pipe with the safety off as I have the LC9S model.

It seems this particular answer to this question is elusive as hen's teeth...

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

hickok45 has a great video on the pro vs the regular lc9s. Towards the end he does say that the trigger pull on the pro model is very light.. Almost too light for a CC weapon.. But that of course is his opinion...

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

The triggers are different. Go read some about it on the Ruger forum. Lot's of discussion about this topic over there. The pro has a lighter trigger pull.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=468bHdx92fk

in the video he says the pro is about 1.5 lbs lighter

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

If the Pro has an even lighter trigger pull then my LC9S then carrying with the safety off and one in the pipe should not be a problem much/like I've carried my G19 for lo these many decades and have never suffered an ND.

I shot the LC9S for the first time today and the trigger breaks nicely, but it tends to pinch my finger a bit...I'm quite delicate doncha know... So I put on a right hand only shooting glove and no more sore 'shootin fingah'.

It is quite snappy, but of course I expected that given it's a sub-compact.

I do wonder if I switched from 115 FMJ's for practice, to 147 grain FMJ's if the recoil would be lessened...or increased? That is, if 147 grain FMJ's practice rounds are even mfg...?

Anyone Know?

Yes, I'm hijacking my own thread for further elucidation...

Thanks!

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Abraham wrote:If the Pro has an even lighter trigger pull then my LC9S then carrying with the safety off and one in the pipe should not be a problem much/like I've carried my G19 for lo these many decades and have never suffered an ND.

I shot the LC9S for the first time today and the trigger breaks nicely, but it tends to pinch my finger a bit...I'm quite delicate doncha know... So I put on a right hand only shooting glove and no more sore 'shootin fingah'.

It is quite snappy, but of course I expected that given it's a sub-compact.

I do wonder if I switched from 115 FMJ's for practice, to 147 grain FMJ's if the recoil would be lessened...or increased? That is, if 147 grain FMJ's practice rounds are even mfg...?

Anyone Know?

Yes, I'm hijacking my own thread for further elucidation...

Thanks!
They definitely manufacture 147 gr FMJ rounds. That specific round makes up the majority of my ammo inventory, at the moment. I believe the recoil is supposed to be a bit less than a 115 gr round.

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Soccerdad1995,

Great!

Thanks!!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”