1911 operator holster

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
fernando1027
Posts in topic: 2

1911 operator holster

Post by fernando1027 »

Hey guys so I just got my new 1911 operator and a was wondering if anyone had good kydex holsters recomendations.

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Re: 1911 operator holster

Post by flechero »

For kydex, I like JW Custom Kydex... Tony makes terrific holsters. Fit so well, it will actually engage my thumb safety upon insertion.

http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

I just picked up a Sig Scorpion 1911 and am in the same boat. I don’t have a light just yet but will keep a TLR or Inforce on there. Holsters seem to be a little difficult to find if you want a light as well.

flechero

Post by flechero »

jb2012 wrote:I just picked up a Sig Scorpion 1911 and am in the same boat. I don’t have a light just yet but will keep a TLR or Inforce on there. Holsters seem to be a little difficult to find if you want a light as well.
Check my link- he has a whole dropdown menu of over a dozen common lights on the individual holster pages.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

flechero wrote:
jb2012 wrote:I just picked up a Sig Scorpion 1911 and am in the same boat. I don’t have a light just yet but will keep a TLR or Inforce on there. Holsters seem to be a little difficult to find if you want a light as well.
Check my link- he has a whole dropdown menu of over a dozen common lights on the individual holster pages.
maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot, but the only light options for Sig 1911's 5" w/rail are for the Inforce lights and the XC1. If I go with the enforce for a light that would be an option, but I'm really leaning towards the streetlight TLR1

maverick2076
Posts in topic: 1

Post by maverick2076 »

http://www.giholsters.com does awesome leather lined kydex holsters. For pure kydex, I recommend Trinity Carry Concepts. I have 3 holsters from Trinity, and they are great. The speed clips are awesome.

If you decide to go all leather, Randy Warren makes a beautiful leather holster for a very reasonable price and awesome lead times.

flechero

Post by flechero »

jb2012 wrote:
flechero wrote:
maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot, but the only light options for Sig 1911's 5" w/rail are for the Inforce lights and the XC1. If I go with the enforce for a light that would be an option, but I'm really leaning towards the streetlight TLR1
The light options seem to depend on the specific gun and holster models, which may be a characteristic of either the size or attachment. (I don't know) The OWB 2, for example lists the TLR lights as well as other not listed in the OWB 1's dropdown menu. I'd shoot Tony an email and see if he will do the light of your choice (if not listed) for the holster model you want. His gear is excellent.

Topic author
fernando1027

Post by fernando1027 »

Thanks For the Replays guys sorry for the late response.... I when on and get Storm Holsters is a local shop here on McAllen TX I have heard good things about them on the range.

Ill Leave a link if anyone has interest on them

https://www.facebook.com/Storm-Holsters ... 742185386/

:patriot:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”