Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Sub-2000, 9mm, Gen 2, Glock, on Grabagun, $399

Post by NotRPB »

bought my second one not longago,this time stainless .... I like the Stainless one more than the first one I had; it's already sat all night n the Hospital 30.06+30.07 posted Emergency Room all night with me without misbehaving once.

Jose_in_Dallas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

For those of you that have these, how reliable have they been? And looking at the Grabagun ad, it says not to use aluminum cased ammo with it. What's the deal with that?

Topic author
jmorris
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmorris »

300-400 rounds through my gen 1, .40 cal, with no problems. I believe some of that was aluminum case but won't swear to it. Don't know what the problem is.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

For those of you that have these, how reliable have they been? And looking at the Grabagun ad, it says not to use aluminum cased ammo with it. What's the deal with that?
300-400 rounds through my gen 1, .40 cal, with no problems. I believe some of that was aluminum case but won't swear to it. Don't know what the problem is.
At a guess, some extractors handle aluminum rims better than others. Other guess would be, the typical Glock case-not-fully-supported chamber?
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

maverick2076

Post by maverick2076 »

I’ve got north of 2k rounds through mine, and I’m sure at least some of it was aluminum cased, and I’ve never had an issue.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

Few hundred rounds through mine, never used aluminum case just brass and steel- no problems.

I went to gun show in Round Rock this past weekend and saw several Sub2k’s for sale. One guy even had a couple of the ones that use S&W magazines, first time I’ve seen anything other than the Glock mag ones.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

mot7981
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mot7981 »

I had a Gen 1 model that ran S&W mags that I picked up used. It was fun but not very reliable. I sold that and picked up a new Gen 2 model at a great price. I think part of the reason it was cheaper was because it used Beretta 92 mags. I have a 92 so that’s no problem. So far it’s been perfect with Freedom brass reloads (I’ve not tried any aluminum yet). I also like all the improvements to the Gen 2 version. For what it’s worth, I’ve used several mags including a 30 round extended one with no problem. I also highly recommend the Tacticool bolt tube cover.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

mot7981 wrote:I had a Gen 1 model that ran S&W mags that I picked up used. It was fun but not very reliable. I sold that and picked up a new Gen 2 model at a great price. I think part of the reason it was cheaper was because it used Beretta 92 mags. I have a 92 so that’s no problem. So far it’s been perfect with Freedom brass reloads (I’ve not tried any aluminum yet). I also like all the improvements to the Gen 2 version. For what it’s worth, I’ve used several mags including a 30 round extended one with no problem. I also highly recommend the Tacticool bolt tube cover.
Do you attribute the "not very reliable" to the S&W mags or that it was a Gen1? My S2K is the only weapon I have that uses Glock mags, so I've thought about getting one that takes the S&W mags since my full size 9mm pistol is a S&W M&P. However, I like the fact that the Glock mags come in a 30 round version and S&W does not (S&W manufactured, I try to stay away from pistol mags not made by the pistol manufacturer).
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

NotRPB wrote:bought my second one not longago,this time stainless .... I like the Stainless one more than the first one I had; it's already sat all night n the Hospital 30.06+30.07 posted Emergency Room all night with me without misbehaving once.
Okay help me out here. I have read before how you can carry these into hospitals, doctors, etc... who post 30.06/.07 signs. How is this possible if they have included along with their other signs a “no firearms” sign?

I have thought about one of these, but would like to know the law how you can legally carry this into business that has posted signs.

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

carlson1 wrote:
NotRPB wrote:bought my second one not longago,this time stainless .... I like the Stainless one more than the first one I had; it's already sat all night n the Hospital 30.06+30.07 posted Emergency Room all night with me without misbehaving once.
Okay help me out here. I have read before how you can carry these into hospitals, doctors, etc... who post 30.06/.07 signs. How is this possible if they have included along with their other signs a “no firearms” sign?

I have thought about one of these, but would like to know the law how you can legally carry this into business that has posted signs.
Has there been a test case? Are we sure it's illegal in a public accommodation? Would police arrest somebody with a cell phone if there's a "no cellphone" sign on the front door of a coffee shop? How about a "no hipsters" sign?
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 4

Post by NotRPB »

carlson1 wrote:

30.06/30.07 addresses licensees only, and handguns only, so what they say is irrelevant to a long gun or an unlicensed person, 30/06/30.07 are not applicable to anyone NOT carrying a handgun under a handgun license

no firearms sign? I have not seen one, but if they had one and I wanted to carry a pistol, I'd have to carry ... what a 1800s black powder revolver
http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/D ... /PE.46.htm
Sec. 46.01. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter:
Firearm does not include a firearm that may have, as an integral part, a folding knife blade or other characteristics of weapons made illegal by this chapter and that is:

(A) an antique or curio firearm manufactured before 1899; or

(B) a replica of an antique or curio firearm manufactured before 1899, but only if the replica does not use rim fire or center fire ammunition.
no firearms sign? I have not seen one ... I guess I'd not carry my longarm if it was a valid30.05 sign (I AM NOT saying if the one below is valid or not ... I'm not a lawyer, but if you research a bit, you may know)
I'd just have to carry my pepper spray, Taser, Machete, Sword, BullWhip & steel toes boots with that James Bond Knife in the toe, my HIckory fighting club, oopps I mean HIckory walking cane (along with my 1800s black powder revolver ) I suppose

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I like the ideal of having it folded in a back pack where there are only 30.06/.07 signs. I have seen some “no firearms” signs, but not along with the 30.06/.07 signs. So is it fair to “assume” then the long gun comcealed would be legal where there are NO generic firearm signs?

apostate

Post by apostate »

carlson1 wrote:I like the ideal of having it folded in a back pack where there are only 30.06/.07 signs. I have seen some “no firearms” signs, but not along with the 30.06/.07 signs. So is it fair to “assume” then the long gun comcealed would be legal where there are NO generic firearm signs?
Unless it's a location prohibited by TPC 46.03 or by Federal law, I don't know how it would be illegal.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

apostate wrote:
carlson1 wrote:I like the ideal of having it folded in a back pack where there are only 30.06/.07 signs. I have seen some “no firearms” signs, but not along with the 30.06/.07 signs. So is it fair to “assume” then the long gun comcealed would be legal where there are NO generic firearm signs?
Unless it's a location prohibited by TPC 46.03 or by Federal law, I don't know how it would be illegal.
:thumbs2:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”