22GunClub

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

User avatar

Topic author
pbwalker
Senior Member
Posts: 2966
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 10:12 am
Location: Northern Colorado

22GunClub

Postby pbwalker » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:11 pm

*I'm in, no way, affiliated with these folks*

Apparently this just launched, and I signed up to see how it works out. They are going with the Costco model...charge an annual fee, and you can then buy ammo at 2.2 cents over cost. Savings per round range from $.02 to over $.30 per round.

It's all new ammo (not reloaded).

ETA: Forgot the link. https://22gunclub.com/

Image
*NRA Endowment Member*
Veteran
"Real Patriots don't worship government" - Maj Toure

User avatar

Beiruty
Senior Member
Posts: 8351
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Allen, Texas

Re: 22GunClub

Postby Beiruty » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:59 am

It is a scam until the products prices are advertised (leaked out) vs competition. What round that costs .45 cents that is sold at $0.76? Is it a match 223?
Also at CostCo, you walk in and grab the product. With online you need to factor in the shipping cost too.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment member

User avatar

Topic author
pbwalker
Senior Member
Posts: 2966
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 10:12 am
Location: Northern Colorado

Re: 22GunClub

Postby pbwalker » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:34 am

Beiruty wrote:It is a scam until the products prices are advertised (leaked out) vs competition. What round that costs .45 cents that is sold at $0.76? Is it a match 223?
Also at CostCo, you walk in and grab the product. With online you need to factor in the shipping cost too.


Scam? The prices are on the website. Click 'Join' then look for the 'Ammo Pricing' tab. Nothing to leak out...

And yes, Costco is walk in / walk out and there is a shipping cost for this. This may not be for everyone, but if you shoot a lot, it may make economic sense. You'll have to do your own math.
*NRA Endowment Member*
Veteran
"Real Patriots don't worship government" - Maj Toure

User avatar

SQLGeek
Senior Member
Posts: 2518
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:48 am
Location: Richmond, TX

Re: 22GunClub

Postby SQLGeek » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:32 pm

Those are some pretty decent prices. I'm not much for early adopting and I aim to start reloading soon so I am going to pass but thank you for sharing. Please update us on your experience and the quality of the ammo.
Psalm 91:2

User avatar

Topic author
pbwalker
Senior Member
Posts: 2966
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 10:12 am
Location: Northern Colorado

Re: 22GunClub

Postby pbwalker » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:36 pm

SQLGeek wrote:Those are some pretty decent prices. I'm not much for early adopting and I aim to start reloading soon so I am going to pass but thank you for sharing. Please update us on your experience and the quality of the ammo.


I just put in a small order (500 x 9mm, 250 x .223). I paid $0.1601 PPR on the 9mm, $0.2648 PPR for the .223. $14.95 shipping for all of it. Let's hope it's decent stuff...I'll let you know how it shoots.
*NRA Endowment Member*
Veteran
"Real Patriots don't worship government" - Maj Toure


1911 Raptor
Junior Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:56 am

Re: 22GunClub

Postby 1911 Raptor » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:42 pm

pbwalker wrote:
SQLGeek wrote:Those are some pretty decent prices. I'm not much for early adopting and I aim to start reloading soon so I am going to pass but thank you for sharing. Please update us on your experience and the quality of the ammo.


I just put in a small order (500 x 9mm, 250 x .223). I paid $0.1601 PPR on the 9mm, $0.2648 PPR for the .223. $14.95 shipping for all of it. Let's hope it's decent stuff...I'll let you know how it shoots.


On top of the 170.00 for 1 year to join? No thanks.

User avatar

Topic author
pbwalker
Senior Member
Posts: 2966
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 10:12 am
Location: Northern Colorado

Re: 22GunClub

Postby pbwalker » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:19 pm

1911 Raptor wrote:
pbwalker wrote:
SQLGeek wrote:Those are some pretty decent prices. I'm not much for early adopting and I aim to start reloading soon so I am going to pass but thank you for sharing. Please update us on your experience and the quality of the ammo.


I just put in a small order (500 x 9mm, 250 x .223). I paid $0.1601 PPR on the 9mm, $0.2648 PPR for the .223. $14.95 shipping for all of it. Let's hope it's decent stuff...I'll let you know how it shoots.


On top of the 170.00 for 1 year to join? No thanks.


I did the $89.00 per year option (paid $73 w/ Vet discount), which guarantees you at minimum 500 rounds per month. That doesn't mean that's all you're permitted to buy. The $159 option (I didn't see a $170 option, so I assume that's what you're talking about) is for 1000 rounds.

I made a Cabelas run today and picked up 500 rounds of American Eagle 9mm 115gr. Their asking price was $160, with ammo can. That's $0.32 per round (more on this below). As you can see above, I paid $0.1601 per round for 22GunClub. $80.05. That, right there, pays for my annual membership. Everything on top is gravy. But like I mentioned, you'll have to do your own math. If you don't shoot a lot, it might not make sense. But the numbers don't lie.

Now, about that Cabelas purchase...I wasn't going to pay $160 for 500 rounds of AE 9mm. I noticed that they had an old tag for a sale that had happened some time recently. Knowing Cabelas would honor it, I picked up the 500 round w/ ammo can for $127. To top that off, AE has a rebate going on for 25% off handgun ammo. So I'll basically pay $100 for it. A heck of a deal for Cabelas, but still more than I paid above. :thumbs2:
*NRA Endowment Member*
Veteran
"Real Patriots don't worship government" - Maj Toure


1911 Raptor
Junior Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:56 am

Re: 22GunClub

Postby 1911 Raptor » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:37 pm

pbwalker wrote:
1911 Raptor wrote:
pbwalker wrote:
SQLGeek wrote:Those are some pretty decent prices. I'm not much for early adopting and I aim to start reloading soon so I am going to pass but thank you for sharing. Please update us on your experience and the quality of the ammo.


I just put in a small order (500 x 9mm, 250 x .223). I paid $0.1601 PPR on the 9mm, $0.2648 PPR for the .223. $14.95 shipping for all of it. Let's hope it's decent stuff...I'll let you know how it shoots.


On top of the 170.00 for 1 year to join? No thanks.


I did the $89.00 per year option (paid $73 w/ Vet discount), which guarantees you at minimum 500 rounds per month. That doesn't mean that's all you're permitted to buy. The $159 option (I didn't see a $170 option, so I assume that's what you're talking about) is for 1000 rounds.

I made a Cabelas run today and picked up 500 rounds of American Eagle 9mm 115gr. Their asking price was $160, with ammo can. That's $0.32 per round (more on this below). As you can see above, I paid $0.1601 per round for 22GunClub. $80.05. That, right there, pays for my annual membership. Everything on top is gravy. But like I mentioned, you'll have to do your own math. If you don't shoot a lot, it might not make sense. But the numbers don't lie.

Now, about that Cabelas purchase...I wasn't going to pay $160 for 500 rounds of AE 9mm. I noticed that they had an old tag for a sale that had happened some time recently. Knowing Cabelas would honor it, I picked up the 500 round w/ ammo can for $127. To top that off, AE has a rebate going on for 25% off handgun ammo. So I'll basically pay $100 for it. A heck of a deal for Cabelas, but still more than I paid above. :thumbs2:


Who makes the stuff? What is the price for .45 rounds?

User avatar

Topic author
pbwalker
Senior Member
Posts: 2966
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 10:12 am
Location: Northern Colorado

Re: 22GunClub

Postby pbwalker » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:19 pm

They make it themselves, but just started this 'club'. From what I've read, it's quality stuff and they've been manufacturing for a while...but I'll judge it once I receive it.

As of now, .45ACP is $0.2458 per round (brass, new production)
*NRA Endowment Member*
Veteran
"Real Patriots don't worship government" - Maj Toure


Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: oljames3 and 21 guests