STI International Phasing Out Almost all 1911 Models

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

STI International Phasing Out Almost all 1911 Models

Post by Pawpaw »

STI International Inc. based in Georgetown, Texas is a world-renowned 1911 manufacturer. They have recently communicated with all of their dealers that they are phasing out all their 1911 series guns (Trojan, Hextac series, H.O.S.T. and Sentinel Premier) except for the DVC Classic model and they will focus strictly on double stack 2011 models.
http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/11/15/st ... 11-models/
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

C-dub

Re: STI International Phasing Out Almost all 1911 Models

Post by C-dub »

I bet they miraculously find a box with a hundred or so of each of those discontinued models in about 10 years after the prices have skyrocketed.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

DevilDawg

Re: STI International Phasing Out Almost all 1911 Models

Post by DevilDawg »

Glad I got my son his 9mm Trojan well ahead of this news, as I can imagine what the retailers are going to do to anyone trying to “get in before the lock” so to speak. I don’t blame them for leaving the overbloated 1911 market as it must be hard to maintain profitability against the 100’s of cheap manufactures out there. They have only a couple of peers to my knowledge in the 2011 game, which will be one of my next buys.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”