Police Chief Realizes Gun Missing - After 4 Days

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Police Chief Realizes Gun Missing - After 4 Days

Post by ELB »

Excaliber wrote:...
On another note, it's a bit hard to swallow that the chief didn't notice the gun he (should) carry every day was missing for four days.

One possibility is that after the town meeting he changed from his uniform to civvies and he doesn't usually carry off-duty, so he didn't notice the gun (and his entire batman belt?) was gone until he went to put his uniform back on. The town meeting was in the evening on 9 Nov, a holiday weekend, and the PD issued a bulletin about the gun on Monday. So I'm guessing he took Friday off, had a long weekend, then when he went to put his uniform back on Monday morning, he went, "Now where's that heavy thing that hangs off the right side...lessee, when's last time I saw it...OH :shock: !!"
USAF 1982-2005

spectre
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by spectre »

I hope whoever found it puts it someplace safe, like a TEOTWAWKI cache.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

They must have updated the article. There is no mention of a Glock service revolver now.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

Only the police should carry guns.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

OlBill wrote:Only the police should carry guns.
"rlol" :smilelol5:

Apparently, this one can’t. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

C-dub wrote:They must have updated the article. There is no mention of a Glock service revolver now.
Wow, a reporter who is sensitive to appearing stupid! :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

n5wmk

Post by n5wmk »

C-dub wrote:They must have updated the article. There is no mention of a Glock service revolver now.
It's still there in the first sentence, at least in the version I just pulled up.

"An Arizona police chief who accidentally left his service revolver in a restroom stall inside a library is asking for the public's help in retrieving the weapon."
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

n5wmk wrote:
It's still there in the first sentence, at least in the version I just pulled up.

"An Arizona police chief who accidentally left his service revolver in a restroom stall inside a library is asking for the public's help in retrieving the weapon."
Ah, yes. I was scanning for Glock revolver. :oops:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”