Added another Pistol

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Added another Pistol

Post by crazy2medic »

Recently I had some work done on my P14, I've had it since 94, the finish was getting very worn, the nite sites getting very dim and there was a tad more play in the slide safety than I wanted, so I took it in and had a gunsmith duracoat it, slide matte black and the frame stainless steel, replaced the tritium sites and tightened up the slide safety, the gunsmith did a great job and I'm very happy with the results. Told you that story to tell you this one!

While my P14 was at the beauty parlor I needed a carry gun, good friend of mine offered to let me borrow his P12, this is great because my 14 rd mags will work in the P12, I have carried the P12 for 3 weeks, gunsmith calls said my P14 is ready, so I call my buddy and make arrangements to give him back his pistol, he asked me if I wanted to buy the P12, first question How Much? He said what I have in it $450, I told him sold! So now I have two pistols! I ordered some parts that all should be here by Saturday, Monday it goes to the gunsmith for installation of an Ambidextrous Safety, Tritium sites, beaver tail grip safety and a skeletonized hammer!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Added another Pistol

Post by Scott B. »

You friend has a sneaky sales pitch. Sure, borrow my gun. :mrgreen:

Congrats on a new acquisition.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Scott B. wrote:You friend has a sneaky sales pitch. Sure, borrow my gun. :mrgreen:

Congrats on a new acquisition.
Agreed, sounds like a car salesman letting you try the car for a week. Apparently it's an effective sales strategy. :fire
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

Just two?

Lena

Post by Lena »

I also have a stainless Limited p14 from Canada it has always been 100% Also a p13 lightweight and a TAC 4 stainless, all shoot great.
I rarely see them mentioned much anymore.
Stay Safe

Topic author
crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by crazy2medic »

Thanks guys, and yes just two! I had just one for the last 24yrs, never saw a need for another one. I have complete faith in my paraordnance, it always goes bang when it's suppose to, never a hitch or hiccup!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”