Lehigh defense?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Lehigh defense?

Post by cmgee67 »

I’ve been watching videos and reading reviews on the Lehigh defense bullets in various calibers over the last year. Does anyone have any experience with this ammunition?

G40yes

Re: Lehigh defense?

Post by G40yes »

Thankfully no experience with these rounds (or any others) in self defense conditions. The 9mm Lehigh +P 90 grain Xtreme Defender ammo from Underwoodammo.com feeds just fine in a Glock G19.4 at the range.

I'm interested in what the Forum has to say on this topic.
.. tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

FBI protocols for terminal ballistics call for a specific range of penetration (12-18", IIRC), the thought being that penetration to and through vital organs and deeply set blood vessels in the trunk of the body is a better indication of potential performance to stop an aggressor than anything else. Many of the super high velocity (and low for caliber weight) projectiles are designed to fragment and do a lot of shallow tissue damage. I don't know for sure about the Lehigh Defense load, but I typically buy defensive ammo based on what the LE agencies like and those loads typically perform well in the FBI testing protocol.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Weg

Post by Weg »

I hand load their bullets for subsonic hunting, they are very effective and I have never lost an animal. I just started carrying their .32 factory load in my P32, they feed well and are more accurate than any other .32 auto I have shot through it. That's my experience with them thus far.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”