Quality 22lr

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 4

Quality 22lr

Post by cmgee67 »

I am looking to buy a quality 22 lr. I currently own a Ruger 10-22 and a marlin model 60. But I am looking to slow things down a little. I am looking for a nice bolt action or pump action. I’m lookin at the CZ as they seem to still make heirloom quality guns compared to most
Companies. I have a Henry golden boy coming in soon and that is an heirloom quality gun. But like I said I’d like a pump action or bolt. What are you recommendations ?

howdy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Quality 22lr

Post by howdy »

Henry also has a pump .22.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

cmgee67 wrote:I am looking to buy a quality 22 lr. I currently own a Ruger 10-22 and a marlin model 60. But I am looking to slow things down a little. I am looking for a nice bolt action or pump action. I’m lookin at the CZ as they seem to still make heirloom quality guns compared to most
Companies. I have a Henry golden boy coming in soon and that is an heirloom quality gun. But like I said I’d like a pump action or bolt. What are you recommendations ?
Remington still makes a pump action .22 as does Henry. There are some vintage models made by Winchester, Marlin, and Savage also. I had a Remington 572 long ago and I still have two Winchester Model 62A rifles as well as a Marlin lever action 39. I love shooting them all. I have over a dozen Marlin bolt action .22's dating from the 1940's to the 21st century. They are every one tack drivers, even the old ones. The newer versions have improved triggers, but are basically the same rifle. CZ bolt actions are nice, though I've only shot one and it was very accurate. I have an Anschutz sport model as well. BTW New Remington pump .22 rifles list for around $740 I don't know what Henry's sell for. Rossi made a copy of the Win Model 62 and I think also can be found under the Taurus and PUMA brand.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I’m leaning towards the CZ 455. Shots sub 1 moa at 100 yards and in from the videos I’ve seen with good ammo. You can find em for less than 350 most places.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

cmgee67 wrote:I’m leaning towards the CZ 455. Shots sub 1 moa at 100 yards and in from the videos I’ve seen with good ammo. You can find em for less than 350 most places.
That's the model I shot. Belongs to a gentleman I met on a Marlin forum who is a fellow member of the PSC Shooting range. We got together for a .22 shooting fest.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

You could always try and find one of these. Model 1710 D Anschutz
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

C-dub wrote:You could always try and find one of these. Model 1710 D Anschutz

Wow.... a little out of my price range lol

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

I have a 455 with the three barrels (.22lr, .22WMR, and .17HMR) but truth be told all I ever shoot is .22lr. It’s been a fantastic gun and I love the way it shoots. With SV ammo such as CCI or more high end stuff like Eley, Wolf, etc. you can get some very good groups. A word to the wise if you go this route experiment with different ammos as different CZs each tend to prefer a different ammo. If you can find the right combination it’s magic.

The thing I like most about the CZs is that they don’t feel like scaled down rifles, or lightweight copies of a centerfire rifle. When you pick one up is hefty and you can feel the quality. Without going up to the Anshutz it’s about as good as you’re going to get in the rimfire world. And as you note, they can be had for a reasonable sum of money, especially when you factor in the quality you’re getting for the price.

I like mine so much that I’m about to pick up a 455 Scout to serve as my girls’ first rifle when they’re both ready. Single shot adaptor, shorter LOP, big easy to see hooded iron sights (to teach the basics before moving on to a scope), and a short threaded barrel for using a suppressor.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

cmgee67 wrote:I’m leaning towards the CZ 455. Shots sub 1 moa at 100 yards and in from the videos I’ve seen with good ammo. You can find em for less than 350 most places.
That's a mighty bold claim.

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

I put Kidd aftermarket parts on my 10/22. It’s a great shooter.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

OlBill wrote:
Check out nutnfancys review of the CZ452 and 455

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

I'm a big fan of the Savage Mark II. You get the Accutrigger, it doesn't beak the bank, and it's really accurate.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/?bra ... %5B%5D=yes
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

cmgee67 wrote:
OlBill wrote:
Check out nutnfancys review of the CZ452 and 455
I'll believe it when I see it.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

C-dub wrote:You could always try and find one of these. Model 1710 D Anschutz
That's the one I have; 2009 model 1710. But for the money I'd go with a CZ.
Last edited by puma guy on Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

Consider a Remington in the 500 series. I have my dad's 513T matchmaster and it's sweet.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”