invest in a belt!!!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: invest in a belt!!!

Post by C-dub »

Some folks get by with a regular belt, but they probably have never tried an actual gun belt. There's just no comparison.

I've had my plain jane leather Glaco for around 8-10 years and it barely shows any wear. I also have a couple 5.11 belts with the stiffener and they still look new, while they are actually 2-3 years old. I don't use them as much as the Glaco because, while they are great belts for carrying, I'm not the biggest fan of the buckle mechanism. That's just personal preference not any issue with its functionality.

Before getting the Galco I had probably been through at least one belt a year. They just flat wore out and even when they were new I still had to keep them fairly tight to hold everything securely. With an actual gun belt it doesn't have to be quite so snug, which is much more comfortable.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

This is an update on my Kore Gunbelt. I have been wearing it for a little over a year and never
had any problems.

Today, while sitting down, my belt gave way. At first I thought that my jeans unbuttoned, but
the belt ripped away from the clamp. I looked at the belt end and the material was shredded
so there was nothing for the clamp to get a good grip. I cut off the end so I have a fresh surface
to clamp onto to, I will monitor it more closely.

It's a good thing I wasn't standing up when this happened or my gun would have been hanging
around my ankles.
NRA Endowment Member

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

WildBill,

Your posts are always good.

Me, I've been through a number of high quality gun belts, but I've only suffered a failure when the screws backed out on my kydex holster, out crashed my Glock to the concrete as I was exiting the truck. Not the belts fault, but something quite frightening to have happen.

But, in the past few years, I've suffered belt failure that wasn't actually the belts fault...again.

My interest in eating, not exercising as much or an often as I did most of my life, means I''m slowing getting... no growing, yeah that's it, so my belts have to be changed out for longer ones.

I hope to gawd, the one I currently wear from "The Beltman" and made of elephant hide and cost the GNP of a small 3rd world country doesn't ever need replacement.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

Abraham wrote:WildBill,

Your posts are always good.

Me, I've been through a number of high quality gun belts, but I've only suffered a failure when the screws backed out on my kydex holster, out crashed my Glock to the concrete as I was exiting the truck. Not the belts fault, but something quite frightening to have happen.

But, in the past few years, I've suffered belt failure that wasn't actually the belts fault...again.

My interest in eating, not exercising as much or an often as I did most of my life, means I''m slowing getting... no growing, yeah that's it, so my belts have to be changed out for longer ones.

I hope to gawd, the one I currently wear from "The Beltman" and made of elephant hide and cost the GNP of a small 3rd world country doesn't ever need replacement.
Thank you for the compliment.
I am a huge fan of Beltman. I own three of their belts.
The only reason I used the Kore belts was that I have lost some weight and ran out of adjustment room on my Beltmans.
Once I had a "failure" in one of my Beltmans when one of the Chicago screws loosened and fell off. They sent me a replacement
I have learned that Loctite on the threads is an excellent idea. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

WildBill wrote:This is an update on my Kore Gunbelt. I have been wearing it for a little over a year and never
had any problems.

Today, while sitting down, my belt gave way. At first I thought that my jeans unbuttoned, but
the belt ripped away from the clamp. I looked at the belt end and the material was shredded
so there was nothing for the clamp to get a good grip. I cut off the end so I have a fresh surface
to clamp onto to, I will monitor it more closely.

It's a good thing I wasn't standing up when this happened or my gun would have been hanging
around my ankles.

I hope this never happens to me. I have two Kore belts i use on a daily bases.
I never want to find myself standing there showing my chesticles.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”