M&P 15 Sport II - what type of stock?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
mloamiller
Posts in topic: 2

M&P 15 Sport II - what type of stock?

Post by mloamiller »

I recently purchased an M&P 15 Sport II and really like it, but want to add some additional padding to the stock. I've found several pads from Magpul, Limbsaver and others. However, they always state compatibility as "will fit CTS mil-spec" or "ACS-L", etc. I have no idea what a lot of that alphabet soup means, so I don't know if the pad I'm looking at will fit my rifle or not. I can't find any specs about the stock that came on the rifle other than "6-position collapsible stock." I think it's mil-spec, but don't know anything beyond that - ACS, CTR, UBR, ABC, 123, whatever.

Does anyone know exactly what type of stock comes on the M&P 15 Sport II?

Any recommendations on a pad to add to it? I wouldn't mind it being an inch or so thicker; the stock seems a little short even when fully extended.
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

Pete92FS
Posts in topic: 1

Re: M&P 15 Sport II - what type of stock?

Post by Pete92FS »

I replaced the stock on my M&P 15 Sport II with a Magpul CTR Stock and added Magpul MAG317 recoil pad.
CHL since 01/26/09

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

mloamiller wrote:I recently purchased an M&P 15 Sport II and really like it, but want to add some additional padding to the stock. I've found several pads from Magpul, Limbsaver and others. However, they always state compatibility as "will fit CTS mil-spec" or "ACS-L", etc. I have no idea what a lot of that alphabet soup means, so I don't know if the pad I'm looking at will fit my rifle or not. I can't find any specs about the stock that came on the rifle other than "6-position collapsible stock." I think it's mil-spec, but don't know anything beyond that - ACS, CTR, UBR, ABC, 123, whatever.

Does anyone know exactly what type of stock comes on the M&P 15 Sport II?

Any recommendations on a pad to add to it? I wouldn't mind it being an inch or so thicker; the stock seems a little short even when fully extended.
If it's this one, it's a mil spec stock.

This Limbsaver snap-on pad should work, but I have no experience with it.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
mloamiller
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mloamiller »

I think I've determined that the original stock on my M&P 15 is an AR-Stoner M4 stock (specifically an AR-Stoner M4 6-Position Mil-Spec Diameter Collapsible AR-15 Carbine Synthetic Black). At least that's the only one I've found that matches it visually.
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

sss prn

Post by sss prn »

M&P 15 Sport II should have a mil-spec diameter receiver extension.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”