Moderator: carlson1

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Dressing Up your Guns

Post by C-dub »

Pariah3j wrote:
C-dub wrote:
Syntyr wrote:I dont know what to make of this... :cryin :grumble

I thought this was going to be about scrollwork or bluing or something...

Well, there's dressing up and then there's putting on the ritz!

It's not that I wouldn't own something like that one pictured. I think I would have it mounted and framed for displayed after shooting it once and cleaning it.
Not sure I could bring myself to shoot something that pretty unless it was an emergency.
Yeah, IKR, but ya gotta put at least one round through it to know it works and to say that you have shot it. The problem is that shooting only one round is a lot like potato chips or m&m's. You can't eat just one. I might have to shoot a whole 30-round mag and then clean'er up and then put her up. That way, at least I know she'll work if I need her some day.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Chemist45 »

And if you don't want to sit through a nine minute video, let me thumbnail it for you:
Fill lettering with crayon.
Clean excess with WD-40 and a paper towel.

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 1

Post by G.A. Heath »

I have never seen color case work with that exact color spectrum, must be part of the process used to apply it to aluminum on that AR. I keep threatening to send my Delta Elite to be color cased, but I enjoy shooting that thing too much to let it go long enough for the work to be done.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”