Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Texas Gun Range Cleared To Open With Big Win

Post by Pawpaw »

I don't see this reported anywhere else:
In Allen City, Texas, a new gun range almost didn’t happen. Residents who lived near the range opposed it. The planning commission voted to recommend denying approval for the project. That meant the city council would need a supermajority vote in favor of the range to be able to open.

Things just didn’t look good, but then…
https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2017/12/0 ... n-big-win/
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Ed4032

Re: Texas Gun Range Cleared To Open With Big Win

Post by Ed4032 »

Woo Hoo and close to me. I can almost throw a rock to Allen from my house.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Flightmare »

Yay! Looking forward to trying it out.

Ed4032, you should come out to our Frisco breakfast next saturday.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

Flightmare wrote:Yay! Looking forward to trying it out.

Ed4032, you should come out to our Frisco breakfast next saturday.
I would love to but that’s when the PPM at DPC is scheduled. Grandkids have superseded a lot of range time lately.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

I just wished there was an outdoor range close by. The closest one that I know of near Frisco / Plano is in Mission Gun Range in Whiteright Tx. North East of McKinney... You have to be a member though and schedule your range time. They don't have anyone there to mind the range. You use your code to drive through the gate and go straight you your range. There are 3 large ranges that you can have 5 - 8 people on at one time. Great for group competition's. One of our church group is a member and we get to use it when we have a competition range day..

Topic author
Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Tex1961 wrote:I just wished there was an outdoor range close by. The closest one that I know of near Frisco / Plano is in Mission Gun Range in Whiteright Tx. North East of McKinney... You have to be a member though and schedule your range time. They don't have anyone there to mind the range. You use your code to drive through the gate and go straight you your range. There are 3 large ranges that you can have 5 - 8 people on at one time. Great for group competition's. One of our church group is a member and we get to use it when we have a competition range day..
I presume you're looking for a rifle range. If so...

Garland Public Shooting Range has 50 & 100 yard distances.

B-Tactical Is located right on I-30 outside Caddo Mills. Their rifle ranges go out to 3 or 400 yards.

They both have pistol ranges, too.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Bruin98

Post by Bruin98 »

Heads up on Garland Outdoor. It's $15 but on your first visit it's $15 more for a 10 min video to safety certify you for the range.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”