The Glock 43 update!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 4

The Glock 43 update!

Post by cmgee67 »

I have had my eye on a Glock 43 in FDE at my local gun shop for a while and decided to pick it up on Saturday. I got her home cleaned her then put 104 rounds down range at my house. 12 hollow points and 92 fmjs. Ran flawless. Took it in cleaned it. Sunday I took it to the range to really shoot it. I ended up putting 500 rounds through it. 35 of my carry load and 465 fjm’s. I had one malfunction, a stove pipe due to limp wristing on one of my +P carry loads with the flush fit mag but I couldn’t replicate it and it never happened again. You really have to hold onto that gun when th flush fit mag is in the gun. I got a Pearce grip extension for that mag and put it on last night. That mag feels much better. I can now get my pinky on it. The other mag has the factory pinky extender so it’s good. I’ve got trijicon HD front sight and blacked out rear coming for it and a new kydex holster. Once they come in it will go into the carry rotation. After 604 rounds the gun really smoothed up. The trigger got better and racking the slide. Some say the trigger is too heavy on this gun but mine is just perfect. Really happy with the gun.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: The Glock 43 update!

Post by puma guy »

cmgee67 wrote:I have had my eye on a Glock 43 in FDE at my local gun shop for a while and decided to pick it up on Saturday. I got her home cleaned her then put 104 rounds down range at my house. 12 hollow points and 92 fmjs. Ran flawless. Took it in cleaned it. Sunday I took it to the range to really shoot it. I ended up putting 500 rounds through it. 35 of my carry load and 465 fjm’s. I had one malfunction, a stove pipe due to limp wristing on one of my +P carry loads with the flush fit mag but I couldn’t replicate it and it never happened again. You really have to hold onto that gun when th flush fit mag is in the gun. I got a Pearce grip extension for that mag and put it on last night. That mag feels much better. I can now get my pinky on it. The other mag has the factory pinky extender so it’s good. I’ve got trijicon HD front sight and blacked out rear coming for it and a new kydex holster. Once they come in it will go into the carry rotation. After 604 rounds the gun really smoothed up. The trigger got better and racking the slide. Some say the trigger is too heavy on this gun but mine is just perfect. Really happy with the gun.
Sounds like you have a winner. Thanks for the report!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rotor »

Surprised you had even one malfunction.

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

rotor wrote:Surprised you had even one malfunction.

I was too but sometimes these little guns can be finicky. But 1 our if 604 shots is pretty stinkin reliable. I will shoot it once more maybe 50 rounds or so after I install my new sights and clean it and start carrying

JRG

Post by JRG »

Congrats on the new shooting iron.

Joe

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

cmgee67 wrote:I have had my eye on a Glock 43 in FDE at my local gun shop for a while and decided to pick it up on Saturday. I got her home cleaned her then put 104 rounds down range at my house. 12 hollow points and 92 fmjs. Ran flawless. Took it in cleaned it. Sunday I took it to the range to really shoot it. I ended up putting 500 rounds through it. 35 of my carry load and 465 fjm’s. I had one malfunction, a stove pipe due to limp wristing on one of my +P carry loads with the flush fit mag but I couldn’t replicate it and it never happened again. You really have to hold onto that gun when th flush fit mag is in the gun. I got a Pearce grip extension for that mag and put it on last night. That mag feels much better. I can now get my pinky on it. The other mag has the factory pinky extender so it’s good. I’ve got trijicon HD front sight and blacked out rear coming for it and a new kydex holster. Once they come in it will go into the carry rotation. After 604 rounds the gun really smoothed up. The trigger got better and racking the slide. Some say the trigger is too heavy on this gun but mine is just perfect. Really happy with the gun.
You should have asked me a long time ago. I’ve had a 43 for about 2 years now....maybe a little longer....and I’ve never had a single problem with it at all. Ever. It runs like a Glock. From the getgo, I used the magazine with the provided pinkey extension as the carry mag, and then I bought a +2 round extender for the flush mag and turned that into the backup mag. That works well for me, especially if I’m carrying Appendix IWB.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
You should have asked me a long time ago. I’ve had a 43 for about 2 years now....maybe a little longer....and I’ve never had a single problem with it at all. Ever. It runs like a Glock. From the getgo, I used the magazine with the provided pinkey extension as the carry mag, and then I bought a +2 round extender for the flush mag and turned that into the backup mag. That works well for me, especially if I’m carrying Appendix IWB.

I have a feeling it’s going to become my ALWAYS Gun.

TAM what’s the +2 extension you have? Who made it? I’d like one as a back up as well.

couzin

Post by couzin »

cmgee67 wrote: I have a feeling it’s going to become my ALWAYS Gun.
Mine has!
“Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.”

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

cmgee67 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
cmgee67 wrote:

TAM what’s the +2 extension you have? Who made it? I’d like one as a back up as well.
I have taran tactical 0 baseplate and +2 ext as backup. so 7rounds and 8 rounds without the tightness that comes with regular mags.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ntheRvbiXyWb4SjJ2
'got to Texas ASAIC.

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

Lookin at a 43 for the Mrs, anyone know of a good online dealer?
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

cmgee67 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

I do carry mine with some measure of frequency, but I carry my G26 more often than either the G43 or G19 because it nicely splits the difference between the two models. It is roughly the same length and height as the 43, and a little bit wider, with a significant amount more capacity. But that said, I bought a fairly expensive extension for the 43 just because I saw it on the Rainier Arms website and made an impulse buy instead of shopping it around. Rainier sells high end stuff. This extension was $37.95: https://www.rainierarms.com/concealed-c ... ck-43-g43/. It’s made from anodized machined aluminum, and it goes on the magazine more easily than other similar products. However, you can get cheaper units that will give you the same extension of capacity, although they aren’t as “trick” as this one. Also, I think there are more sellers in the market today for this specific kind of product than there were at the time I bought mine - which was in March of 2016.

Glockstore.com sells a +2 that looks pretty decent for $24.95: http://www.glockstore.com/Magazine-Exte ... ion-list=2.

TaranTactical.com sells a +3 in Coyote Brown (to match your FDE) for $39.95: http://tarantacticalinnovations.com/bas ... -glock-43/.

TangoDown.com sells a Vickers Tactical +2 in “Glock Tan” for $12.95: http://tarantacticalinnovations.com/bas ... -glock-43/ (that seems like a HECK of a deal to me!).

RockYourGlock.com sells a black plastic +2 for only $11.95. Holy cow! http://www.rockyourglock.com/custom/SIG43BK.htm.

I’m sure if you look around, you could find others. I’ll bet somebody even sells a Glock factory +2 extension. And I’ve heard rumors of a +4, although I’ve never seen one, not even a picture.

The G43 is a great little pistol. Mine is a TALO special that came with an all black rear sight with U-notch, and a Trijicon HD orange front sight. I like that combo, although I could also probably be happy with the XS Sight Systems single dot tritium rear and big dot front sights - which is what I have on my 26 and 19. On days when I’m on stage at church, I wear the 43 because it’s so small that it doesn’t interfere with my guitar, cables, in-ear monitors, etc. But on other Sundays and the rest of the week, I carry the 26 most of the time; and the 19 in a shoulder holster when I don’t want to belt carry.

Pictures of the G43 TALO, showing the sights:

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Sidro

Post by Sidro »

+2 for the G43 works very well at a fair price. https://hyvetechnologiesbuilder.com/ind ... roduct/37/

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

If I am not open carrying a G17, I am carrying a G43.

Opening weekend of firearms deer season a 124 +P Gold Dot took the head clean off of a Copperhead from 4 feet away. It is a keeper.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

LeonCarr wrote:If I am not open carrying a G17, I am carrying a G43.

Opening weekend of firearms deer season a 124 +P Gold Dot took the head clean off of a Copperhead from 4 feet away. It is a keeper.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
:thumbs2:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Thanks for the suggestions I’ll check em out.

My holster and sights come in tomorrow so hopefully after work I have get everything put together

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”