Recommend A Zippered Rectangular OWB Pack

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Abraham

Recommend A Zippered Rectangular OWB Pack

Postby Abraham » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:42 pm

I've looked and researched and looked and can't find one to fit my newest addition: A Ruger LC9S (that to be fair regarding Ruger as I was scathing in my disappoint with them, was fixed and returned in a week - kudos to Ruger)

Yes, I can find a jillion standard issue holsters for it, but I want a zippered pack that I will carry on my own gun belt, (thus I don't want a 'fanny pack' type pack, but one, designed for the gun to be carried vertically and once unzipped has an internal piece that covers the trigger and isn't as bulky as a fanny pack)

Why do I want one? Because I do a boat load of rough work in my yard from chain sawing, to power washing, to fill in the blank and I want to keep my pistol from getting crud covered. After a day's outside work, I don't want to then have to clean my pistol each and every time. Thus the need for something to keep the elements at bay...

Yes, I've looked at camera bags, cell phone pack this, that and the other kind of bag, including small tool bags, but absolutely none of them are deliberately designed for gun carry. I don't want a bag that carries my pistol loosely with a surprise as to it's posture every time I unzip it to find it's pointed ...who knows where?

There was a time in the not too distant past, I could find these zippered gun packs, here, there and yonder, but alas no longer.

Anyone here able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

P.S. If I've asked this question before, my old-timers is acting up...!

pbwalker

Re: Recommend A Zippered Rectangular OWB Pack

Postby pbwalker » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:48 pm

http://www.sneakypeteholsters.com/ruger-lc9-sneaky-pete-holster-belt-loop/

That should fit the bill

ETA: Sorry, missed the zipper requirement...disregard
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

bblhd672

Postby bblhd672 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:53 pm

https://www.elitesurvival.com/concealment-bags-packs/liberty-gunpack/

Designed to be carried on a belt or attached to a MOLLE platform, the Liberty GunPack can be worn in a horizontal or vertical position and has dual rip-cords for instant access to your firearm from multiple positions.

* Constructed of heavy-duty 1000 denier nylon * Main compartment conceals adjustable, removable holster and magazine loop * Large accessory compartment with mesh pocket for organization * Flat pocket on front provides quick access to contents * Phone pouch has an elastic band and velcro closure to fit most smart phones * Rip-cords in firearm compartment provide quick access to firearm * Fits most compact and sub-compact autos and small frame revolvers * Ambidextrous * Available in black and coyote tan * 7” x 5” x 2.25”
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member
“What ‘gun law’ would have prevented the Sutherland Springs church massacre? Or the Las Vegas massacre?"

lama

Postby lama » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:12 pm

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/HIPS-Hide-I ... tinfo/648/

No experience just remember reading an article. (LC9 is not listed as supported and I dont know the size differential between that and SR9)

Pawpaw

Postby Pawpaw » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:28 pm

http://www.tommysgunpack.com/Low_Pro_SIDEKICK_p/tgp-045.htm

Note: Check the options. You can delete the belt.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Topic author
Abraham

Postby Abraham » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:45 am

Thanks everyone for all your recommendations. I very much appreciate them.

There was a time, I wouldn't dream of being armed while working in my yard.

Things have changed...

Tex1961

Postby Tex1961 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:54 am

Abraham wrote:
There was a time, I wouldn't dream of being armed while working in my yard..

I had to go into a public high school yesterday to work on a laser engraver for one of the architecture classes... Man did I feel naked...
NORM CROSBY
When you go into court you are putting your fate into the hands of twelve people who weren’t smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Bitter Clinger

Postby Bitter Clinger » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:08 am

"You may all go to Chicago, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

karder

Postby karder » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:32 pm

I have been using a 511 fanny pack to carry when I am jogging. I have used it 5-6 times a week for the last 3 years or so. It works great and has held up really well. It can discreetly carry glock 19 allowing fairly quick access. It's great for joggers, hikers, or bikers or anyone else who doesn't, mind a fanny pack.
I do realize you said you don't want a fanny pack, but for the purpose you are describing, this is worth consideration.

http://www.511tactical.com/select-carry ... pouch.html
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”