Recommend A Zippered Rectangular OWB Pack

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Recommend A Zippered Rectangular OWB Pack

Post by Abraham »

I've looked and researched and looked and can't find one to fit my newest addition: A Ruger LC9S (that to be fair regarding Ruger as I was scathing in my disappoint with them, was fixed and returned in a week - kudos to Ruger)

Yes, I can find a jillion standard issue holsters for it, but I want a zippered pack that I will carry on my own gun belt, (thus I don't want a 'fanny pack' type pack, but one, designed for the gun to be carried vertically and once unzipped has an internal piece that covers the trigger and isn't as bulky as a fanny pack)

Why do I want one? Because I do a boat load of rough work in my yard from chain sawing, to power washing, to fill in the blank and I want to keep my pistol from getting crud covered. After a day's outside work, I don't want to then have to clean my pistol each and every time. Thus the need for something to keep the elements at bay...

Yes, I've looked at camera bags, cell phone pack this, that and the other kind of bag, including small tool bags, but absolutely none of them are deliberately designed for gun carry. I don't want a bag that carries my pistol loosely with a surprise as to it's posture every time I unzip it to find it's pointed ...who knows where?

There was a time in the not too distant past, I could find these zippered gun packs, here, there and yonder, but alas no longer.

Anyone here able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

P.S. If I've asked this question before, my old-timers is acting up...!

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Recommend A Zippered Rectangular OWB Pack

Post by pbwalker »

http://www.sneakypeteholsters.com/ruger ... belt-loop/

That should fit the bill

ETA: Sorry, missed the zipper requirement...disregard
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

https://www.elitesurvival.com/concealme ... y-gunpack/
Designed to be carried on a belt or attached to a MOLLE platform, the Liberty GunPack can be worn in a horizontal or vertical position and has dual rip-cords for instant access to your firearm from multiple positions.

* Constructed of heavy-duty 1000 denier nylon * Main compartment conceals adjustable, removable holster and magazine loop * Large accessory compartment with mesh pocket for organization * Flat pocket on front provides quick access to contents * Phone pouch has an elastic band and velcro closure to fit most smart phones * Rip-cords in firearm compartment provide quick access to firearm * Fits most compact and sub-compact autos and small frame revolvers * Ambidextrous * Available in black and coyote tan * 7” x 5” x 2.25”
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

lama

Post by lama »

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/HIPS-Hide-I ... tinfo/648/

No experience just remember reading an article. (LC9 is not listed as supported and I dont know the size differential between that and SR9)

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

http://www.tommysgunpack.com/Low_Pro_SI ... gp-045.htm

Note: Check the options. You can delete the belt.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Thanks everyone for all your recommendations. I very much appreciate them.

There was a time, I wouldn't dream of being armed while working in my yard.

Things have changed...

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Abraham wrote:
There was a time, I wouldn't dream of being armed while working in my yard..
I had to go into a public high school yesterday to work on a laser engraver for one of the architecture classes... Man did I feel naked...

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

karder

Post by karder »

I have been using a 511 fanny pack to carry when I am jogging. I have used it 5-6 times a week for the last 3 years or so. It works great and has held up really well. It can discreetly carry glock 19 allowing fairly quick access. It's great for joggers, hikers, or bikers or anyone else who doesn't, mind a fanny pack.
I do realize you said you don't want a fanny pack, but for the purpose you are describing, this is worth consideration.

http://www.511tactical.com/select-carry ... pouch.html
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

Interblog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Interblog »

karder wrote:I have been using a 511 fanny pack to carry when I am jogging. I have used it 5-6 times a week for the last 3 years or so. It works great and has held up really well. It can discreetly carry glock 19 allowing fairly quick access. It's great for joggers, hikers, or bikers or anyone else who doesn't, mind a fanny pack.
I do realize you said you don't want a fanny pack, but for the purpose you are describing, this is worth consideration.

http://www.511tactical.com/select-carry ... pouch.html
I am interested in hearing about any additional options that could also hold an iPhone plus conveniently. This 511 appears to be such a well-designed product, especially with the design of the rapid opener (which I realize some other brands do have). But it's not versatile. It has no potential to include the universal help-summoner known as the telephone. The OP in this thread is talking about chain sawing (among other activities). Well, I've done my share of chain sawing, and I don't recommend that anyone do likewise without a phone on their person, because accidents have the potential to be really bad.

I went through some recent threads, looked at the linked products of this type, and didn't really see any belt or fanny pack devices that served both purposes. Anyone have additional suggestions? Thanks.

rob777

Post by rob777 »

I've been using a 511 Push Pack for a few years now. Zippered compartment with built-in velcro holster. Several other pockets, small and large plus 2 water bottle holders. Even has a belt loop on the back to secure it closer to your body (vs swinging/hanging when you move or bend).

https://www.511tactical.com/push-pack.html

Very practical and pretty much inconspicuous since it looks and feels like many other shoulder bags
"Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.”

Interblog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Interblog »

The Push pack would be a nice one for hiking, not so good for biking or jogging (or chain-sawing!), where it would flop around too much.

Is there a big retailer in the Houston area that carries more than a couple of options along these lines? A "carry superstore" type of place?

Some of the belt holders and fanny packs on the internet appear to have promise, but the seller will only show one photo, zippers closed, etc. so it's difficult to get a feel for the utility of the product.

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Turns out 'Craft Holsters' sells exactly what I was looking for: OWB, Leather, zippered, rectangular pouch that doesn't scream gun.

High quality, very reasonable price ($32.00 or so).

For my LC9S the no. 2 size is perfect, plus it has room for a spare mag.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”