Where will you go?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Where will you go?

Post by C-dub »

If national concealed reciprocity passes and becomes law where will you go?

There are two places I'd like to go. One place I'd like to revisit is where my family lived in upstate NY. The rest of upstate is beautiful and worth going back, but not if I have to disarm. So, if this passes I'll put it on my bucket list. I'd like to show my wife and daughter where I spent my high school years. Our daughter is growing up fast and has her plate full, so I don't know if it'll happen anytime within the next 2-5 years with her, but I may get my wife up there on the bike eventually. The fall would be great!

The other place I'd like to be able to carry on a trip would be D.C.. However, I think most of the places worth going to are going to be off limits being federal land/buildings/property, no?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

carlson1

Re: Where will you go?

Post by carlson1 »

New York and the coast of California.

JRG
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JRG »

New York, New Jersey, all the upper east coast, and the complete west coast.

Joe

spectre
Banned

Post by spectre »

California
Not the major cities but I would visit the National Parks if I didn't have to disarm.

Washington
Like CA, my main interest is the National Parks, but I would also visit Seattle.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

:iagree: I would like to pull my 5th wheel out and go to the parks.

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

As a side thought, since I am the OP, I wonder if there might be a noticeable bump in travel nation-wide within the first two years if it passes? I'm sure AAA might track something like that. Or a corresponding increase in airline travel withing the US. Okay, so let's add to the thread. Also, since I'm the OP.

In addition to where will you go, which state do you think will be upset the most?

I'm thinking Hawaii. Okay, I'll start a new thread and make it a poll. :lol:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I travel to Massachusetts, New York and California now, on occasion. But I would go more often If I could do it by road trip. I won't do long roadtrips with a couple of handguns. I hate flying so getting reciprocity means I could drive to these places and go more often.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I'm not leaving Texas but I will joyfully watch the above listed States go into MeltDown! "rlol"
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I'd like to take the train from Oregon down through California. It covers almost all of the west coast of the U.S.

Chas.

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

I have voiced concerns in the past, but I have to admit that this is alluring.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Most of my travel is between here and southern California. The only thing I'd change is that I wouldn't disarm in Arizona before crossing into California.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I still wouldn't spend my money (and help their economy with my tourist dollars) going to any of the commie states.

Plus, being surrounded with an overwhelming populace of pro-commies isn't appealing even if the physical beauty of some of their states is taken into account. The trade off isn't worth it...

In addition, having to maintain strict silence if I did happen to go one of the commie states (though I'm an American ostensibly still in the U.S.) as if I were in East Germany when it was a totalitarian/police state (think stasi) I find completely unappealing.

tomneal

Post by tomneal »

In New Jersey would you have to switch to ball ammo?
In New York would you have to switch to 7 rounders?
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Abraham wrote:I still wouldn't spend my money (and help their economy with my tourist dollars) going to any of the commie states.

Plus, being surrounded with an overwhelming populace of pro-commies isn't appealing even if the physical beauty of some of their states is taken into account. The trade off isn't worth it...

In addition, having to maintain strict silence if I did happen to go one of the commie states (though I'm an American ostensibly still in the U.S.) as if I were in East Germany when it was a totalitarian/police state (think stasi) I find completely unappealing.
No argument out of me. The only thing is, if I still want to see my family back there in California - and I do - then I have to go there, because, sadly, they won’t come here. So on average, I go to there for a couple of weeks about once every year to year-and-a-half.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

I’d like to take my wife and daughter to small town Illinois to show them the town of 3000 people where I grew up. It was actually a nice, rural place but I’m not venturing from my dads place in Missouri to Illinois until im able to carry. I would also like to take a drive up the eastern coast during the fall with my wife one day. It’s another trip I don’t care to do unarmed.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”