Beretta 92 Compact

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Archery1
Posts in topic: 2

Beretta 92 Compact

Post by Archery1 »

If you've carried or carry one of these, what are your thoughts? The reason I ask is because while I love my Sig P938, my larger hands "might" like a slightly larger frame. I have not seen or handled the 92 Compact, only the big brothers, the latter which before never really caught my attention or appeal. But, thinking I might like the DA/SA switch-up, along with a larger frame, and a totally different gun to try. Thoughts?

Liberty

Re: Beretta 92 Compact

Post by Liberty »

I have the subcompact which also has the different sizes grips. It is my everyday carry, the grip sizing should work pretty well for you. You might check the sc while your at it.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

The compact is a very attractive gun. I don’t much care for the full size. I don’t have huge hands so I usually run compacts and sub compacts. If I every bought a 92 it would be that one.

Topic author
Archery1

Post by Archery1 »

Thanks, folks! The curb appeal of the full size just hit me as I was looking at an 1871 open top of all things that was sitting beside it. Getting highly interested in the coimpacts. The subs I don't know, though.

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I know 92 served our military for a long time and it has a well proven track record. I’d take it over the Sig any day.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

The Italians concept of compact and subcompact must be larger than most. The 92 and PX4 compacts are still pretty good sized guns. The Storm Subcompact is the size of what many might consider a compact.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

AdioSS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AdioSS »

I had an Inox M9A1 Compact for a while, but just preferred the fullsize grip of my Centurion. However, these days I mainly carry a MiniCougar.

cedarparkdad987
Banned

Post by cedarparkdad987 »

Liberty wrote:The Italians concept of compact and subcompact must be larger than most. The 92 and PX4 compacts are still pretty good sized guns. The Storm Subcompact is the size of what many might consider a compact.
Indeed the Storm Compacts (wife has one) is about the size of a PPQ / M&P compact 2.0. it's still a pretty big pistol.

Positively it is an accurate pistol with a very low felt recoil with it's twisting barrel concept. The trigger pull is shorter than a 92 as well, better for small hands.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

I was able to shoot the Beretta M9A3 last week. It has the straight grip (add on grips come with it if you like the original) so it fit me a whole lot better than the 92FS I had years ago. Looking at the pictures, I guess I would have to put my hands on it. The trigger on the M9A3 was sweet.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”