The prodigal returns home

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

CleverNickname
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The prodigal returns home

Post by CleverNickname »

Liberty wrote:If they actually pass the reciprocity bill. I'll probably get a 1911, and find out if the difference is significant to me.
What does one have to do with the other? The reciprocity bill specifically states that any handgun and any magazine would be legal to carry in any state.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

CleverNickname wrote:
Liberty wrote:If they actually pass the reciprocity bill. I'll probably get a 1911, and find out if the difference is significant to me.
What does one have to do with the other? The reciprocity bill specifically states that any handgun and any magazine would be legal to carry in any state.
If that stays true and also permits my super death ray turn a man into pink mist hollow point, I will lose incentive to get my 1911. Right now I am not sure what the bill will be or if it will get out of the Senate.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

CleverNickname wrote:
Oh yeah, NY and a few other states really aren't going to like that if it passes.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

JRG

Post by JRG »

MechAg94 wrote:I have crimson trace laser grips for my CZ 75 P01. Not sure about the range, but for self defense purposes, I really like lasers. Especially if they are easy to activate like the Crimson Trace.
I have CT lasers on three of my choice 5 carry pistols. Love these lasers!!

I have never experienced a 45 acp before about four weeks ago, but purchased a Shield in .45 for Thanksgiving and then got an XD Mod 2 subcompact 45 for Christmas. The Shield has 6+1 and 7+1 capabilities. The XD Mod 2 has 9+1 and 13+1. These 2 will become my primary EDC weapons. Love shooting these 45 acp guns!

Joe :hurry: :hurry: :cheers2:

omegaman

Post by omegaman »

just out of curiosity, what ammo do you intend to carry, Charles?

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

omegaman wrote:just out of curiosity, what ammo do you intend to carry, Charles?
Speer Gold Dot 230gr JHP or Remington Golder Saber 230gr JHP. The Golden Saber is one of the oldest "advanced bullets" and they still outperform many/most other premium ammo.

Chas.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I love that Springfield. For not being a 1911 guy, that would be one I would own to carry.

As I mentioned previously, I am considering going from a 9mm Shield to something in .45. The question is which gun and do I want to learn it enough to have confidence in carrying it. Drawing and accurately shooting my Shield has become second nature to me.
Psalm 91:2

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

SQLGeek wrote:I love that Springfield. For not being a 1911 guy, that would be one I would own to carry.

As I mentioned previously, I am considering going from a 9mm Shield to something in .45. The question is which gun and do I want to learn it enough to have confidence in carrying it. Drawing and accurately shooting my Shield has become second nature to me.
The 45 shield maybe??? Great gun I love mine.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

That seems to be the obvious choice. It was a more rhetorical question but the offerings in .45 are different from what was available when I made my selection so in changing guns, it would be a good time to evaluate if there is something better.
Psalm 91:2

skeathley

Post by skeathley »

The Shield .45 is a great gun. Very concealable, and much easier to handle than I thought it would be. I can do double-taps easily with it. The 9mm is a capable round, but it's hard to dispute the "shock-and-awe" of the .45 round, even from a shorter barrel.

:fire
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

My Deltapoint Pro was just delivered. NowI can take it and my new Springfield Champion Operator (lightweight) to Ed Vanden Berg to have it milled into the slide. I'll post photos when it's finished.

Chas.

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Allow me to loan you a pair of my glasses.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”