Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Ruger announces pistol caliber carbine in 9mm

Post by bblhd672 »

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html

Highlights:
-Interchangeable magazine wells for use of common Ruger® and Glock® magazines
-Easy takedown enables quick separation of the barrel/forend assembly from the action for ease of transportation and storage.
-Reversible magazine release and reversible charging handle to support ambidextrous use or one-handed control manipulation while maintaining a proper firing grip.
-Accurate sighting system with adjustable ghost ring rear aperture sight and non-glare, protected blade front sight.
Suggested retail: $649.00
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ruger announces pistol caliber carbine in 9mm

Post by Excaliber »

That looks pretty nifty - let's see how the reviews turn out.

Edit: It appears to be an updated version of the Ruger Police Carbine from around 2013. That one was discontinued due to low popularity, but it didn't have the takedown feature that allows the barrel/forend to be separated from the receiver / stock assembly.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Looks like a 10/22 takedown chambered in 9mm. Wonder how long before Ruger offers a suppressed barrel for this carbine? That would be fun. HPA or whatever it is now, needs to pass.

Second thought, there must be a growing number of people that want to pack something larger than a pistol hidden in a backpack. Ruger's research must have indicated a market for this.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Weg

Post by Weg »

That's a gun I could see myself buying, not sure if my wife can see myself buying it, but that's a different battle. I always thought the Marlin Camp Carbine was a neat concept. I like the threaded barrel on this one, guess that would mean I would need another suppressor, which takes me back to the wife comment...

Liberty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Liberty »

Just when I was thinking I wasn't needing another long gun.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

It looks like Ruger really did some research homework on this one. Very, very smart move to include the Glock mags.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Kind of a homely thing but it would be useful for convenient carry and storage and the magazine adaptability is a plus.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

roadkill

Post by roadkill »

jason812 wrote:Looks like a 10/22 takedown chambered in 9mm. Wonder how long before Ruger offers a suppressed barrel for this carbine? That would be fun. HPA or whatever it is now, needs to pass.

Second thought, there must be a growing number of people that want to pack something larger than a pistol hidden in a backpack. Ruger's research must have indicated a market for this.
Given the way the sub2k has been selling above msrp it seems to be a no brainer to put out something similar. Especially the use of glock mags.

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

When they make it in 10mm I’m buying one.

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

In the most recent pistol match that I participated in, there were 35 participants, 11 were using PCCs.
So I would say they are becoming very popular. It was also my observation that many of the more “mature” participants preferred the PCCs. Easy to shoot and manage recoil I suppose.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

SpringerFan

Post by SpringerFan »

I could see this being an appealing rifle to someone who already has a ton of SR or Glock mags laying around.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
Col. Jeff Cooper

Iunnrais

Post by Iunnrais »

If I hadn't just put together a 9mm AR just a few weeks ago, I would be all over this. :shock:

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Oh, I like that!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

The ability to accept Ruger and Glock mags is a big win. I'm still holding out for the day that Mech Tech makes a carbine conversion for the M&P .45.

I also don't have a particular need for a pistol caliber carbine but I bet it's a fun, and cheaper to feed, range toy.
Psalm 91:2

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”