Safariland 578 GLS w/ Paddle

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 3

Safariland 578 GLS w/ Paddle

Post by Pariah3j »

Got the Model 578 GLS™ Pro-Fit™ Holster (with Paddle) for Christmas. Been wearing it daily w/ my Walther PPQ 4in and I love it. Just wish I could wear it at work. One day I'm going to get in trouble because its so comfortable I have already almost forgotten I had it on a couple of times and made it to the door before I realized and had to run back to my car and drop it off.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

longhorn86
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Safariland 578 GLS w/ Paddle

Post by longhorn86 »

I have my XDm 9mm 3.8 Compact in a 578 right now as I am typing this. Total agreement, it is so comfortable you don't realize it is there. I am at work, but it is covered with a windbreaker, even though I am in control of the premises. If I decide to OC, this is the holster that I use. As a matter of fact, I like it so much, just ordered a 2nd one for my new Shield .45
NRA Life Member

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Thanks for the reviews. One of the distributors I use sent one for evaluation. I'd been ignoring it until now.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Topic author
Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

Reading reviews/watching reviews on youtube - alot of ppl don't care for the paddle holster apparently, but I rather enjoy it. There are other options like the quick belt attachment that you can convert it to if you don't care for the paddle part - the grip lock is great though IMHO - YMMV
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

eureka40

Post by eureka40 »

I've been using the GLS (paddle) with a Ruger American. It's a great setup while riding a motorcycle as I never worry about the pistol falling out of the holster, and I can get to it quickly.
TSRA Life Memeber

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I prefer the ALS holsters. They are quite a bit more sturdy in construction. I bought a GLS one time and it felt so cheap when I opened it in the truck I took it right back inside and got a refund. The GLS I grabbed was super flimsy and when the gun locked into it, it wiggled around like marmalade jelly. Maybe I just got a bad one? I do like the concept of the grip lock but I was just not impressed.

Topic author
Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

cmgee67 wrote:I prefer the ALS holsters. They are quite a bit more sturdy in construction. I bought a GLS one time and it felt so cheap when I opened it in the truck I took it right back inside and got a refund. The GLS I grabbed was super flimsy and when the gun locked into it, it wiggled around like marmalade jelly. Maybe I just got a bad one? I do like the concept of the grip lock but I was just not impressed.
Not sure if they updated them since then, but my GLS holster has a tension screw that you tighten down to adjust for the different model guns that work for it. I had to tighten it up and then loosen it back till I got the right 'feel' for drawing the gun out of the holster. Before doing that, it did have a little too much play.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”