Looking for Local Handgun Small Parts Supply

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
b4aftr
Posts in topic: 3

Looking for Local Handgun Small Parts Supply

Post by b4aftr »

Anyone know anywhere in the North DFW area that might have some small handgun parts (1911 recoil spring/mainspring mainly) in stock? Shooting Wednesday and ran out of time to order online. I plan to call Bear Creek Firearms in Keller and Shoot Smart at Alliance when they open.

Thanks in advance.

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Looking for Local Handgun Small Parts Supply

Post by flechero »

Not sure what part of town you are in but for a simple recoil spring- Bullet trap and Gunmaster(Plano) should stock them. (Or used to when I lived in that area) Mainsprings don't wear out suddenly so I bet you can get by one more range visit without that... google gun shop + your town and call the listings that pop up. I'd be shocked if you couln't find springs at any decent gun shop.

Topic author
b4aftr

Post by b4aftr »

Yeah wanting to play with the springing in my 2011. I’ll give them a ring thanks!

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

b4aftr wrote:Anyone know anywhere in the North DFW area that might have some small handgun parts (1911 recoil spring/mainspring mainly) in stock? Shooting Wednesday and ran out of time to order online. I plan to call Bear Creek Firearms in Keller and Shoot Smart at Alliance when they open.

Thanks in advance.
Bear Creek is a good candidate. Scott works on a lot of 1911s. My son used to work there. Also, check Euless Guns and Ammo on highway 10 just west of 157 on the north side of the road. They used to work on a lot of 1911s. Don’t know if they still do.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
b4aftr

Post by b4aftr »

Yeah bear creek didn’t have any and most places I called were surprised I called about them. Oh well on to MidwayUSA/Brownells. Thanks y’all.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

If you're going to order over the internet, go with Wolff Gunsprings. They're about the best you can get.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

Lee's gun parts.

http://leesgunparts.com/

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”