What are some of your favorite gun related social media accounts?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
pbwalker
Posts in topic: 1

What are some of your favorite gun related social media accounts?

Post by pbwalker »

I generally find myself watching firearm related videos during my downtime on any given day, and I've discovered some great folks online. I was curious which ones I may be missing, so here we are.

I usually watch:

Hickok45
Military Arms Channel (MAC)
Iraq Vet 8888
22Plinkster
FunkerTactical

These are my usual go-to youtube pages. I used to watch Demolition Ranch quite a bit, but the direction of the page seems to have changed a bit, so I don't watch it much anymore. Matt's a great guy, and a heck of a DVM, but it's not for me anymore.

What am I missing? Any lesser known firearm related social media pages I need to check out?
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

WTR
Banned

Re: What are some of your favorite gun related social media accounts?

Post by WTR »

Paul Harrell

jkurtz

Post by jkurtz »

For YouTube channles I usually watch SageDynamics, Garand Thumb, and Primary & Secondary.

strogg

Post by strogg »

@OP, I agree. Matt's been gearing his channels toward the mainstream crowd. It's not my thing. I like my videos more nitty gritty technical.

On that note, I sub to Hickock45, GY6 (although it's getting very slow), and Honest Outlaw. I like Military Arms Channel for their tests, but I don't watch all of the videos religiously. I'll only watch it if they happen to review something I'm interested in. To be honest, I don't watch gun videos or follow any other kind of social notworking accounts like I used to. It's been getting boring or frustratingly biased as of late. At this point, I'm mainly relying on this board and TFB to get gun news and tidbits, although I'm second guessing my loyalty to TFB due to biases from some of the contributors.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

On YouTube I subscribe to the following:

MAC
sootch00
Paul Harrell
Hickok45
22Plinkster
TFB TV
Reid Henrichs from Valor Ridge training - His is the only training oriented channel I follow and that's because he's quite level headed. I've actually considered attending a training course of his based on what I've seen from his videos.

I tried watching some Demolition Ranch videos and just didn't enjoy them that much. I used to watch FPS Russia once in a while mainly to see what stupid thing he would do next. :lol:

I follow Colion Noir on Facebook plus a bunch of gun manufacturers and several gun meme pages.
Psalm 91:2

Acronym Esq

Post by Acronym Esq »

All YouTube for me. I don't twitfacespace.
Paul Harrell
Active self protection
Forgotten weapons
firearms policy coalition
Nutnfancy
Hickok45
Iraq Vet 8888

Acronym 01/19/2018 20:33:07

MrMcCullster

Post by MrMcCullster »

My YouTube subscription list has grown more and more, as I've found more interesting and valuable content.

Active Self Protection - Curated and commented self defense videos (mostly from Brazil....lol).
Active Self Protection Extra - Behind the Scenes, Rants, Thoughts, Comments
Gun Nuts Media
Gun Talk Media - They post the audio version of their discussions, but I mostly am there for the shorter video segments they post regarding gear I'm interested in.
Hegshot87
Hickok45
Iraqveteran8888
Mr. Guns And Gear Channel
Paul Harrell
Personal Defense Net - Rob Pincus' self defense training school
Police Activity - Dash cam, Body cam and other police videos released involving shootings, encounters, arrests, car chases, etc.
Sensible Prepper - Alternate channel of Sootch00, focused on survival, camping, a problem arises scenerios, etc.
Skinny Medic - Product reviews, medical information and items related to being the first responder for self defense encounters
Sootch00

I also follow concealedcarrywoman on Instagram. She posts pictures almost daily of what she is wearing, what she is carrying, and how she is carrying. My mom and sister both carry, and I'm always looking for new ways for them to carry that aren't in a purse, and that you can still look girly and cute if you want to, but you can also still carry your gun on you.

During the process, I also started following a lot of manufacturer's on YouTube to support them there. They mostly post videos about new products and guns, but I have a lot of equipment from these guys so I always want to keep up with them and see what they are offering.

Manufacturer's YouTube:
Action Target
Alien Gear Holsters
Bravo Company USA
Crossbreed Holsters, Inc.
Hexmag
Lucky Gunner Ammo
Shoot Smart USA
Springfield Armory
StealthGear USA
Talon Grips
The Buds Gun Shop
Turner Leatherworks

equin

Post by equin »

Paul Harrell
BullitMcQueen
Buffalo’s Outdoors
Garand Thumb
Active Self Protection
Ed

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Clint Smith has relevant information at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNqR_x ... gm4xXmF-Sw

The operator crowd will agree that Mat Best puts out some educational videos on a variety of real life situations at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCre2Gi ... C59VzDsFxQ

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”