NFA tax stamp and your local TX gun range?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

superstar
Posts in topic: 4

Re: NFA tax stamp and your local TX gun range?

Post by superstar »

apostate wrote: I completely missed how a dress code equates to "pseudo-ATF governing powers" and, to be honest, I'm still missing the connection.

I also disagree with the conclusion that OWB is inherently much faster than IWB, given comparable cover garments or lack thereof. However, I'm willing to look at the data with an open mind if you can share it.
What data? lol it's just logic. Most OWB that I have seen wear their shirts tucked in as opposed to IWB, are you telling me that lifting your shirt and or moving the jacket/sweater to retrieve your pistol in IWB is much faster than OWB? kudos to you if you are related to the flash.

If you read through the posts the pseudo-ATF governing powers was mentioned because it is the same range/store that are asking for the NFA stamps.

apostate
Posts in topic: 3

Post by apostate »

superstar wrote:
apostate wrote:I also disagree with the conclusion that OWB is inherently much faster than IWB, given comparable cover garments or lack thereof. However, I'm willing to look at the data with an open mind if you can share it.
What data? lol it's just logic.
No data, only conclusions. I see.

Carry on, superstar. :tiphat:

extremist
Posts in topic: 8

Post by extremist »

superstar wrote:
apostate wrote: I completely missed how a dress code equates to "pseudo-ATF governing powers" and, to be honest, I'm still missing the connection.

I also disagree with the conclusion that OWB is inherently much faster than IWB, given comparable cover garments or lack thereof. However, I'm willing to look at the data with an open mind if you can share it.
What data? lol it's just logic. Most OWB that I have seen wear their shirts tucked in as opposed to IWB, are you telling me that lifting your shirt and or moving the jacket/sweater to retrieve your pistol in IWB is much faster than OWB? kudos to you if you are related to the flash.

If you read through the posts the pseudo-ATF governing powers was mentioned because it is the same range/store that are asking for the NFA stamps.
We are not carrying concealed at the store - just IWB. Negligible difference in accessing handgun in that instance.

You seem to be comparing OWB OPEN CARRY to IWB CONCEALED CARRY for your logic. Which is not logical :)

And I apologize for taking this thread off the original topic. Perhaps we can start another thread discussing the merits of open carrying OWB vs IWB??? :anamatedbanana
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

extremist wrote:Perhaps we can start another thread discussing the merits of open carrying OWB vs IWB??? :anamatedbanana
No, no.. anything but another thread opening up opinions about open carrying in any fashion! :biggrinjester: :lol::
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

warnmar10
Posts in topic: 2

Post by warnmar10 »

extremist wrote:...
And I apologize for taking this thread off the original topic. Perhaps we can start another thread discussing the merits of open carrying OWB vs IWB??? :anamatedbanana
One of the best things about a good forum is the interesting tangents some threads naturally take. Of course I'm someone who advocates necroposting old topics where you can build on what was discussed before rather than always starting over, never understood why some people are offended by revising and extending old threads. (See, another tangent!)

Topic author
azwe

Post by azwe »

extremist wrote:Good news - my suggestion was accepted and acted on immediately and effective today no more asking for your papers at our range. :cool:

So sorry for the previous issues but it is no longer one.

James
If this is true moving forward you just gained a ton of business from me. I will ask for you when I'm there.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

extremist wrote:
superstar wrote:

We are not carrying concealed at the store - just IWB. Negligible difference in accessing handgun in that instance.

You seem to be comparing OWB OPEN CARRY to IWB CONCEALED CARRY for your logic. Which is not logical :)

As someone who regularly carries OWB both with and without a cover garment, this was confusing to me as well. A cover garment will definitely slow your draw, marginally (less than a second). I have seen this myself in IDPA competitions where we sometimes forego the cover garment requirement in the summer. But I can't see how their would be any difference between IWB and OWB.

I'm not sure why, but some people tend to think that OWB always equals OC and IWB always equals CC. The reality is that there is very little correlation there IMHO.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”