Concealed carry pants, reinforced waistline *patent pending

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
allisji
Posts in topic: 7

Concealed carry pants, reinforced waistline *patent pending

Post by allisji »

Ok, so now that I got your attention. I am going to pitch my shark tank idea.

So... gun belts are so stiff and so thick and they don't even fit in belt loops of some of the pants that I own.

My new pants come with a plastic or steel stiffening insert in the waistband of the pants. A standard IWB holster clip with automatically "click" into place even without a gunbelt.

For the ultimate in concealment you can wear your belt OVER the clips so that the clips are not even visible.

--------------
So does anyone out there already make these pants, or should I pitch this idea on Shark Tank?

:tiphat:
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Concealed carry pants, reinforced waistline *patent pending

Post by Pariah3j »

"rlol"

On a more serious note, it sounds interesting, would have to see them\try them on before I would know if I'd like it
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

superstar

Post by superstar »

The plastic would be feasible and economical as opposed to metal. If you plan to fly you might have to take your pants off or get the famous TSA's borderline sexual groping.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WTR »

Personally, I have a 1 3/4" Beltman gun belt. The belt fits all my various pant ( from Wranglers to Suit). I would not have the need.

Topic author
allisji

Post by allisji »

I was watching some reviews on the Ulti-clips and seeing people clip the Ulti clip to the waistband of their jeans when I got this idea.

Gun-belts are expensive and if you have one in black leather, one in brown leather, one in black nylon and one in tan nylon. Well... you could have CC Pants. They could make blue jeans, khaki slacks, tactical BDUs, whatever style or pattern you want. Then you can just wear a $20 belt to cover your holster clips and carry your cell phone, flashlight, pocketknife, etc.

I would buy them.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Topic author
allisji

Post by allisji »

superstar wrote:The plastic would be feasible and economical as opposed to metal. If you plan to fly you might have to take your pants off or get the famous TSA's borderline sexual groping.
good point... take about embarrassing...
LTC since 2015

n5wmk

Post by n5wmk »

So, this would be a "hidden" belt? The reinforcement would need to be removable for laundry and/or dry cleaning. Unless you're one of those people who never wash their blue jeans.... "rlol"
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

The only issue I would have with an internally stiffened waistband in pants would be how to hang/fold them without taking up enormous amounts of space. The ability to pull the stiffener for washing, as mentioned by n5wmk, would certainly be a good idea and might be a way around the closet/shelf space issue.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Doesn't appeal to me at all!

flechero

Post by flechero »

allisji wrote:
So... gun belts are so stiff and so thick and they don't even fit in belt loops of some of the pants that I own.
I love the innovative thinking and wish you luck with the idea! It's not for me but it could be the ticket for many others.

My only observation is- done right, your pants waistband would be equally as stiff, wouldn't it?

I have no issue with jeans or slacks, even with a reinforced, double layer leather belt- maybe I am lucky. For my own use, I think a stiffer belt is actually more comfortable... you don't have to cinch them down on a heavy gun... although I bet each person's "shape" has a lot to do with that. :lol:

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

I run a small business where we come up with our own product ideas and put them out to the market. The logistics on this can be enormous. Time consuming and depending on the product, expensive... Expect to put out about 10k just on the patent itself.

I would be more than happy to chat with you over the phone, or if your in the Plano area, over lunch or something.. Maybe my 15 years of experience doing this might help you out...

Like you, I am currently in the design phase of a new firearm related product and am just about to bring it to market. I've been working on this for the past month averaging 4 - 6 hours per day on it.. And this is just a little small thing..

I think you are on to a good idea, I can see where there would be a market for the product. The problem is how big is that market, what % of that market would even be interested in your product, and then what % has the $$ to purchase it... It can start getting pretty small pretty quickly.

Then you will have to decide what size pants your going to offer... 28 thru 48 ????
Color
Material Type
Jeans
Shorts
Are you going to manufacture them yourself, or try and hook up with an existing brand??

The options, questions, decisions, etc just go on an on...

You might even end up with a completely different product by the time your finished...

Again, If you would like to chat, send me a PM with your cell phone # and I will call or text and we can go from there.

Mike

Topic author
allisji

Post by allisji »

flechero wrote:
allisji wrote:
I love the innovative thinking and wish you luck with the idea! It's not for me but it could be the ticket for many others.

My only observation is- done right, your pants waistband would be equally as stiff, wouldn't it?

I have no issue with jeans or slacks, even with a reinforced, double layer leather belt- maybe I am lucky. For my own use, I think a stiffer belt is actually more comfortable... you don't have to cinch them down on a heavy gun... although I bet each person's "shape" has a lot to do with that. :lol:
Yes, the pants would be equally as stiff, but you wouldn't have to thread the stiff belt through the little belt loops.

I'm only joking of course about the patent pending and the shark tank stuff. I just thought that it was an interesting idea and was mostly wondering if it already exists somewhere
LTC since 2015

Topic author
allisji

Post by allisji »

Tex1961 wrote:I run a small business where we come up with our own product ideas and put them out to the market. The logistics on this can be enormous. Time consuming and depending on the product, expensive... Expect to put out about 10k just on the patent itself.

I would be more than happy to chat with you over the phone, or if your in the Plano area, over lunch or something.. Maybe my 15 years of experience doing this might help you out...

Like you, I am currently in the design phase of a new firearm related product and am just about to bring it to market. I've been working on this for the past month averaging 4 - 6 hours per day on it.. And this is just a little small thing..

I think you are on to a good idea, I can see where there would be a market for the product. The problem is how big is that market, what % of that market would even be interested in your product, and then what % has the $$ to purchase it... It can start getting pretty small pretty quickly.

Then you will have to decide what size pants your going to offer... 28 thru 48 ????
Color
Material Type
Jeans
Shorts
Are you going to manufacture them yourself, or try and hook up with an existing brand??

The options, questions, decisions, etc just go on an on...

You might even end up with a completely different product by the time your finished...

Again, If you would like to chat, send me a PM with your cell phone # and I will call or text and we can go from there.

Mike
I appreciate the offer but I'm only joking about the patent pending and the shark tank stuff. I just thought that it was an interesting idea and was mostly wondering if it already exists somewhere
LTC since 2015

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Good thinking.

For completeness, though, the stiffener would need to be removable. Not only would that solve problems related to laundry and clothes storage, it would open up a whole new market.

Instead of removing the belt, nudists could remove the pants and still use your product. :biggrinjester:

Seriously, don't take my comment as jeering. Thinking of something new like that takes creativity. I just can't repress myself when a rogue idea does a mental negligent discharge in my age-weakened brains. Nudists. Really, that was unnecessary of me.

Dirvin

Post by Dirvin »

removable.. and adjustable? or is this for the segment of the population who's weight never fluctuates?
No Slack-slack is just half a pair of pants
-Charlie "Rowdy" Yates

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”