Talos Ballistics bulletproof clothing

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Talos Ballistics bulletproof clothing

Post by MechAg94 »

I will say the jackets on that first link look interesting though expensive.

They are probably warm enough to be useless outside about 3 months a year down near Houston. Might be better to go with the undershirt/concealed plate carrier option.

jkurtz
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jkurtz »

For the price of the undershirt, I would buy the LVS vest from Crye Precision. It is concealable on it's own, but modular if you want to turn it into an outer vest.

https://www.cryeprecision.com/ProductDe ... patrol-cut

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WildBill »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tell you what, pretty much any one of those impacts though is a possible broken rib or a deeply bruised muscle with a large hematoma. It’s better than being penetrated by the bullet, but still......nothing to laugh at. Unfortunately (or not, depending on circumstances), none of the people I saw in our ER being treated for GSW were wearing a vest, so I’ve never personally seen someone hurt this way, but you can google for images of people with bruises from bullets stopped by vests, and there’s a bunch of them.
It's going to hurt, that is for certain. I would be surprised if one did not get broken ribs and or a hematoma after getting hit with anything other than a 22LR.
NRA Endowment Member

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Abraham »

Hurt without doubt, possibly to the point of a funeral even without penetration.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WildBill »

Abraham wrote:Hurt without doubt, possibly to the point of a funeral even without penetration.
It's probably similar to impacting the steering wheel with your chest during a highspeed collision.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”