Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 3

SIG 365??? Nah sorry....

Post by cmgee67 »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oiNmJIgpq94

The SIG 365 looks like a home run for Sig but this video shows what I feared would happen with the first releases. This happens a lot with new guns and designs but I have yet to see anything that would make me put my Glock 43 or my M&p shield away. I’m not a Sig guy so I was never interested. There are a few other videos with the gun doing this and then there are a few with it running great. I bet Sig will catch wind of this and make it right. I know of a guy who has already sent his back to SIG twice because of these issues and they have already replaced things on the gun.

Liberty

Re: SIG 365??? Nah sorry....

Post by Liberty »

Demonstrates some important things about new handguns and 9mm in particular.

Small guns are a trickier to get right.

124 grain works better than 115. This doesn't mean that 115 can't work perfectly fine in some guns. But 124gr will often work better in a handgun than the lightweight stuff. If you are having troubles with 115 gr range ammo, try some of the heavier stuff.

Grip makes a difference.

Buy a newly released gun for EDC and you're taking your chances. I won't buy a gun until it's been around for a couple of years and lots of reviews to understand its weaknesses. Somebody has got to be a guinea pig, but it's not gonna be with my money.

ETA: Whats with the fluorescent orange holster?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Liberty wrote:Demonstrates some important things about new handguns and 9mm in particular.

Small guns are a trickier to get right.

124 grain works better than 115. This doesn't mean that 115 can't work perfectly fine in some guns. But 124gr will often work better in a handgun than the lightweight stuff. If you are having troubles with 115 gr range ammo, try some of the heavier stuff.

Grip makes a difference.

Buy a newly released gun for EDC and you're taking your chances. I won't buy a gun until it's been around for a couple of years and lots of reviews to understand its weaknesses. Somebody has got to be a guinea pig, but it's not gonna be with my money.

Idk why the holsters orange. That guy makes them and from what I hear why are pretty good. But to me I want my gun to work with 115-124-135-147 gr ect. My G43 does. My shield is in 45 so I can’t speak on 115’s with it lol

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MechAg94 »

Either way, I hope they get the problems worked out. I like that they are pushing the boundaries by trying to put more capacity into a small package. I hope they try to do a similar package with 45 even if it won't be the same size.

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Well, part of their problem may be thumbing the slide release rather than pulling back the slide. That slight reduction in travel may be enough to cause OOB when the full length and force of the spring would put it in battery. I won't be buying one in 2018 as my allocations are already committed to other things and I don't want a new gun until at least a year goes by anyway. It's certainly on the 2019 suspect list though at this point.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

cmgee67 wrote: Idk why the holsters orange. That guy makes them and from what I hear why are pretty good. But to me I want my gun to work with 115-124-135-147 gr ect. My G43 does. My shield is in 45 so I can’t speak on 115’s with it lol
All my guns seem to run fine on 115s but aren't as accurate. I just never found a reason to revert back to what I consider inferior ammo. Others might find that 115 runs as good if not better than 124, but it hasn't been my experiance.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

flechero

Post by flechero »

My experience with magtech was bad... so bad that I wouldn't shoot it again if it were given to me. All those FTRB could have been a simple OAL issue with the ammo.

It would have been nice to see them try it with different ammo... or at least mix in a box of anything else since the one guy said it was 50% failure. The fact that they didn't change ammo makes their test a waste of time and money for me. It only proves that the gun won't run with that variety of magtech ammo.

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I’ve never had one issue with mag tech ammo. Always works for me

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Liberty wrote:
Some people enjoy a pop of color in things.

As far as the slide release, I won't keep a gun I can't run the slide release on. Fortunately all of my S&Ws don't have that problem neither did my Glock when I owned it. I dumped my Kahr for that reason.

If that is truly an issue with the Sig, all the more reason not to look at one.
Psalm 91:2

SpringerFan

Post by SpringerFan »

I'll stick with my G43, thanks anyway.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
Col. Jeff Cooper

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

SpringerFan wrote:I'll stick with my G43, thanks anyway.
:iagree:

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

SpringerFan wrote:I'll stick with my G43, thanks anyway.
I feel the same way about my PX4 subcompact. All the same it would be nice if there were a reasonably priced competitor.
Liberty''s Blog

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”