Carrying in Sedona, Arizona

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
howdy
Posts in topic: 1

Carrying in Sedona, Arizona

Post by howdy »

We are going to Sedona, Arizona this Wednesday for a little vacation. We are flying non-stop from Houston to Phoenix and I plan on taking my EDC in my checked luggage (Southwest). I have read Arizona handgun law and it seems fairly straight forward. Has anyone carried in Sedona. Were there many establishments that did not allow concealed carry?
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Weg

Re: Carrying in Sedona, Arizona

Post by Weg »

You should be able to get all the info you need here : https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/cwp

The only big no-no I remember is no guns on Indian Reservation property, other than that, I carry wherever I want when I go to Sedona ( Concealed).

ml1209

Post by ml1209 »

i used to live in Arizona, and visited Sedona once. It was like stepping back into the Old West, with men carrying single actions on their belt. I don't know if they were real firearms or not (I was much younger back then), but they just might be.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

The folks carrying the single action revolvers were most likely tour guides.They dress to play a part for the visitors. Sedona is loaded with hippies and new agers. It is completely legal to carry openly or otherwise, but I wouldn't open carry there at most establishments or to the "vortexes", although you are unlikely to draw undue attention while hiking amongst the rocks.

Outside the Sedona area, open carry will be just fine. Particularly in the smaller towns. Remember that it's still illegal on General park premisses, and that reservation borders are not normally clearly marked.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”